Sign in to follow this  
snowballrules

Project Alien

Hello peeps right for those who have read my Apc help topic you should know that me and Prodetar2 are starting a mod based on the aliens film most will be scracht built but if anyone has any models they want finishing pm me or Prodetar2 and well see what we can do if you wanna join post here and your skills and well you'll be hering from us soon lol

right he is our emails i_need_a_brain@hotmail.co.uk is mine and ramonjongejan@hotmail.com is Prodetar2 one look out for screens soon and well wish us luck any advice will be grand

Hey people as snowball mentioned im part of his lil team and ill be working on the base section of the mod.

if you read our apchelp thread you'll notice i said o2 and i dont get along.

i created my massive complex with bunkerbaukasten. it should be lagless. ill add some pics soon aswell wink_o.gif

ok pics:

2 predators... can you find them?

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=predatorwatchqw6.jpg

red arrow indicates unfinished:

http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mappm2.jpg

The collapsed section of the tunnels:

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?image=section12lm5.jpg

If you guys want ill add some more pics from my complex. such as security, controlroom, my personel favourite: The prison cells and some more...

please comment if you want to advise me

NEW PIC EDIT:

A predator kill hanging in a tree with a predator.. oh dear!

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolkillzb7.jpg

more on the way... next stop a human stuck in alien infestation!

heey our first reply biggrin_o.gif

welcome smile_o.gif we will continue this work offcourse and ill start on the guy in alien stuff right now smile_o.gif i hope itll be finished before this evening.

wish me luck.

thanks for the support dude we'll new pics of the work ive been doing (getting modals ingame and stuff) ok how the hell do you put pics up ummmm never mind i have put the on iamge shack just click the links below (no textures on the units yet)

the uss suluco

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1566/sulacozy1.jpg

apc

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6390/apcxx5.jpg

OFP forum looks like dead, anyway keep work on the good work wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif , looks great.

Well good luck lads.. I've been looking forward to seeing the Colonial Marine Corps in this game since Der Bastler's first addons...

Are you going to be doing the sentry guns? If so I've got some ideas from way back in the day that'd make your job a hell of a lot easier..

*Mutters something about HALO* biggrin_o.gif

UKSubmariner

thanks for the support any help will be great your more then welcome to be part of the team as you know there is only me and prodetor2 atm so if you want send me anything you may have and ill get to work on the more people working the quicker it gets relesed

sentry guns will be done but as im quite new to o2 i wont start on them till the main veacles are done (apc and dropship possibly a tank)

and before i forget was thinking bout adding a fully working landing bay on the suluco for the pre misshion set up (like in the film) any one who wants to do this let me know ok

ahem..

doc procs models wink_o.gif

too high poly wink_o.gif

+ the sulaco is somewhat over 200 meters long if i remeber correctly reading from the manual wink_o.gif

i had some pics of a cool plastic model of the sulaco interior/bay maybe i find them.

ahem..

doc procs models wink_o.gif

too high poly wink_o.gif

+ the sulaco is somewhat over 200 meters long if i remeber correctly reading from the manual wink_o.gif

i had some pics of a cool plastic model of the sulaco interior/bay maybe i find them.

it doesnt really matter id say... it looks sweet ingame soand i think  a dropship fits inside so it should be fine...

ohyea i need to know how to convert avp2 models (structures)

to ofp models...

ive been looking around with google but nothing seems helpfull... una mod isnt responding (wich probably had their models from avp2) so i anyone else knows how to be welcome to tell me... it would take away alot of time of my hands smile_o.gif

if its 200 meters, it'd be easy to split it in four and make it static. much more fun if it has working geometry. you know, shoot stuff at it and such.

thanks for the responce the suluco works with no lag ingame and its a compleat model i toned done some of the polys a bit but its just a base to work on not shure if it will come with the pack tho

neph: any pic of the bay will be fantastic and any interior shots of the apc will be great to.

the suluco i may put a geromatry (not the landing bay so you can fly in or out) but it was only a test to see if the modles work ingame but if there is high demand for her ill put her in with the rest when they are done.

progress is going slow on my end but there still going going to carry on tweaking the apc tone down the polys and find some textures for it does anyone have a downloaderble tutorial for creating soliders cause we may make our own marines (with customisible armour) but we will cross that bridge when we come to it any help will be great keep them comming

there is no tutorial for making custom soldiers. BIS' standard man model works fine as a template though, so you don't really need a tut. visit Flashpoint Breathe and download the sample models. if you need help a pm will do fine.

is there anyone around who knows how to texture and has experience with texturing soldiers?

i need the "predkill" and "guy in alien stuff" retextured

i can provide a few screenies of a guy in avp who is skinned

so you can try and create the textures for it and the alienguy

needs a open chestwound for a chestbursted feature smile_o.gif

if anyone knows how to do all that and has interest, please contact me!

Regards, Prodetar2

Thanks for the offer, but sadly I can't do much OFP stuff.. and the fact I go for long periods where I can't get near the damn net mean I wouldn't be much use to you.

The Sentry guns could work in the following way. Create it as a vehicle, like the static M2 in game. Then put a invisible gunners position within the gun and hey presto! Instant unmanned-gun (of sorts)

hey guys me again... currently doing the house tut from brsseb and i ran into a problem!

Select all 3 planes and press "D" to delete all the faces.

Then fill in the wall with new faces making sure that you dont cover the window holes and that all faces are facing the right way, like this:

what to do here?

i did do the delete face thingy but fill in the wall with new faces is something i dont understand... who can help me?

if i understand this then illl be able to create a house addon and then my own lil facility smile_o.gif <-- (for the mod offcourse)

He simply means recreate the structure using "create face".

(HotKey F6).

If I remember correctly,he was just using the points

within the planes, to neatly set up a basic structure.

Which you then refine.

Btw,how often do you check your PM?

Macser smile_o.gif

ok thx ill check in the morning smile_o.gif

EDIT: checked and works smile_o.gif took awhile to get it to work properly though but thats was due to the wrong way facing face smile_o.gif

but now textures are bugging but itll be fine smile_o.gif

EDIT end smile_o.gif

and...

i replied your pm macser so i dont know what happend to my responds

its not often i get pms so i always check:)

hey folks a small update:

ive been able to combine my 3 (yes 3 atm) addons ingame together smile_o.gif

from left to right you see: Predkill, Chestbursted (anyone has texview? all download links i found were outdated i have textures but no way to conver them plz assist wink_o.gif) and finally the egg smile_o.gif i also need texview for those textures...

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=projectalienobjectshp8.jpg

they look fine ingame smile_o.gif

TexView is still available at OFPEC.Com.Try Here.

But Personally I prefer the quality PaaTool offers.

Gives a far better result as far as I'm concerned.

Only downside is you can't preview the files,and it will

only take 32bit TGAs.But i don't think that's much of a downside.

Get em quick before they vanish.

Macser smile_o.gif

yea thnx i already have them though smile_o.gif

i asked nephilim aswell and she gave them... though i havent got the slightest idea on how to use that stuff smile_o.gif

so i got another crew spot in our mod smile_o.gif

we need a good texturer smile_o.gif

if some1 is interested in the spot just call me wink_o.gif

macser about your PM

What offer were u replying on?

Quote[/b] ]

Is there anyone around who knows how to texture and has experience with texturing soldiers?

i need the "predkill" and "guy in alien stuff" retextured

i can provide a few screenies of a guy in avp who is skinned

so you can try and create the textures for it and the alienguy

needs a open chestwound for a chestbursted feature smile_o.gif

if anyone knows how to do all that and has interest, please contact me!

Regards, Prodetar2

I PM'd you about the above post.

So,you makin progress?

It's potentially a very big project,

and I'm sure you've heard all about the

previous attempt.

The OFP engine limitations can be

frustrating.

Macser smile_o.gif

we very much like to have you in our lil mod as par time modeler or texturer. (we prefer texturer)

and what do you mean with previous attempt?