Sign in to follow this  
Frantic

#exec ban ID doesnt work

Hi all

Does anyone got the #exec ban ID server command working?

Theres a ban.txt on the server ArmA folder, but if i use the #exec ban ID during game nothing happens.

Has anyone a clue how to get it working?

cause we need it working, the teamkillers came always back after a kick.

And to lock and unlock the server all the time is not quiet funny too.

We really need that #exec ban ID, it would be so nice to just write that and then problem solved;

bye bye teamkiller band.gif

with best wishes

Frantic

Frantic

Before considering banning players can i give you some advice here. I don't like any form of T/k even when its not meant, but there are things you can do that may help stop this.

First of, somtimes its all about the maps you are playing and while you cannot please everyone with the choice of maps you play. You do have to make sure the maps are balanced, even, and enjoyable to play.

If you play CTF and the maps are unbalanced, or there is little chance of capping a flag due to a bad map design. Players out of bordem and frustartion are going to start T/K.

I say all this because i stopped playing CTF for this very reason. I was sick of been T/K and frustrated at the uneven maps that are about. I am yet to find a good, balanced, CTF.

Now i just play C&H Beserker maps and i can tell you. Not once have i ever been T/K at respawn or had my legs shot out yet. Players are also always typing how much they are enjoying the maps. So for me its C&H for now, but i hope some of this helps.

Dudester

no need to write something like you wrote here.

this thread goes for the #exec ban ID command which is not working.

and i like the Berserk maps too, but TKers are everywhere, the only thing is that on the C&H maps there is no one spawn where u can team kill many on once.

And we had yesterday some guys on the Berserk maps too who just destroyed the base.

Its not to ban just the TKers its just to be able to BAN during a running game, cause atm i have to shutdown the server to be able to overwrite the ban.txt and thats not the way it should be.

There will be always some players who have fun to jump from server to server and just wanna ruin the fun of others.

Frantic, did you find an answer? I would like to also get this working.

You might want to look into this:

A website is now underconstruction to be the home of the ARMa Global Ban list Project ( ARMA GBL for short).

Hopefully the list of banned teamkillers will grow quickly.

www.armagbl.net

Dudester, I too think this was wasting the time of other. Please stop highjacking posts.

Frantic, did you find an answer?  I would like to also get this working.  

You might want to look into this:

A website is now underconstruction to be the home of the ARMa Global Ban list Project ( ARMA GBL for short).

Hopefully the list of banned teamkillers will grow quickly.

www.armagbl.net

Dudester, I too think this was wasting the time of other. Please stop highjacking posts.

Sorry for trying to help.

Dudester

if u dont have the time to read your personal messages then i will post it here again.

ur advice is totally useless, cause every one has another taste of game-play.

so take ur advices to yourself, this thread goes about #exec ban ID not working.

enough said.

Everything is working here. You need to write number of the player on the server, but not his CDKEY>ID.

Everything is working here. You need to write number of the player on the server, but not his CDKEY>ID.

number of player?

u mean #userlist and then see the number there?

and which command? #exec ban ID with just the number which u see next to the players name by using #userlist instead of ID?

please explain it in more details!

Players out of bordem and frustartion are going to start T/K.

All the more reason to ban them. If they are bored or frustrated with the map why don't they just leave and find somewhere else tp play? Sorry, but trying to blame the map for peoples stupid behaviour isn't an option. Maybe warn, then kick, then if they come back permanently ban them would be a good.

EDIT: I just though of something. How about having a couple of spawn points for Tkers only. Not sure how you could hide them from normal positions but if you have some abusive players, have an admin move them to that role so they can't change away from it without leaving the server. Have them all spawn on some distant island on their own and force them to kill each other instead. They'll soon get bored of that.

#exec ban ID with just the number which u see next to the players name by using #userlist instead of ID?

Yes, you got it right. #exec ban ID and number from #userlist.

You have to be the server admin [#login ******] you cant ban people if you get voted admin..

You have to be the server admin [#login ******] you cant ban people if you get voted admin..

jo

so to sum it up:

login as admin by using: #login ****** (****** = admin password)

find the certain player by using: #userlist

type: #exec ban * (* = number of the certain player, infront of the playersname in the userlist)

so i hope that this will work, now i just have to wait till the next player pops up on my server which deserves to get banned.

lets hope nobody will deserve it!

thx guys smile_o.gif

Yup, that should make it work, unless it was accidently disabled since patch 1.04 to 1.05.

Instead of #userlist (con: you will need to go up or down in that 3 line list witch can be a pain), you can always use the 'p' button witch pops-up a playerlist screen with all online players. Much more usefull imho.