Sign in to follow this  
peterj

1.05 prone to crashes

1.04 was rock solid here,

While trying out the features of 1.05 it has crashed 4 times.

1. First time loading a Harrier

2. Loading a mission

3. Crashing a Ka-50

4. Exiting the mission editor

Does anyone else experince stability problems?

Windows Vista

8800 GTS

Does anyone else experince stability problems?

Windows Vista

8800 GTS

Are you Kidding? This forum is littered with similar posts to yours. All we can do is wait and see if BI adress the issues in a constructive way. I really hope they can fix this as this game has so much promise.

I've got the same problems too since patching to 1.05.

Also similarly

- Windows Vista (64 Bit)

- Nvidia 8800 GTS

1.04 was Fine

Well hope its sorted at some point cause its a great game

I'm getting constant blue screen hard locks since 1.05. Never a flaw before with 1.04, it was smooth as silk. No issue with other games either.

The game is now mostly unplayable due to crashing and sound problems.

Same problem, randomly crash to desktop since patch 1.05.

Vista premium

geforce 8800gts 640mo

asus commando

antec neo power he 550w

2giga ram apacer fsb800

c2d e4300 no o/c (1,8ghz)

version dvd 505games 1.04 ran perfectly.

help.gif

When I patched the game Friday evening it crashed the first time I ran it. It didn't get as far as the first splash screen. I had been reading about the patch at work earlier in the day so I started getting that sinking feeling but it hasn't done it since. I played it a lot at the weekend, both online and with some of my own tinkering in the editor and it has been rock solid. I can only assume that some other process hadn't closed down when I tried it so soon after patching.

XP Pro SP2

Intel Core 2 X6800

2GB Corsair Dominator 3-4-3-9

MSI 975X Platinum PE

ATI 1950XTX - 1950CE Crossfire

Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty

Seasonic 700W PSU

Game version: 1.04 patched to 1.05

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The common dominator seems to be Vista and/or Nvidia 8800...

For me 1.05 has been rock solid both in SP and MP (still testing MP but so far not a single CTD) running XP Pro SP1 on a AMD 2600+, GF 6600 GT and 1280 MB RAM.

Edit: Forgott to mention that I do have some (minor) graphics anomalities after the 1.05 patch but I suspect that is driver related.

/KC

Yep, it's unstable for me with an 8800 GTS. Also it's bluescreening which it wasn't doing before. Still suffering the texture problems as well huh.gif

I've had similar problems with Vista + 8800GTS, when I patched it to 1.05 I got errors in the install on CA and Anims.

Why did they release this if it doesn't work, and why don't they just issue an archive file that you extract over the current version with the new files instead of the stupid patcher exe, that throws up errors.

When I patched my 1.04(505 version) with the correct patch I had 6 errors, I then decided to try the a fresh install with the international patch and only got the two above.

They need to get on top of the issues so the people get what they have paid for, if they don't the game will bomb in the US big time.

So please fix it now.....

I've had similar problems with Vista + 8800GTS, when I patched it to 1.05 I got errors in the install on CA and Anims.

Why did they release this if it doesn't work, and why don't they just issue an archive file that you extract over the current version with the new files instead of the stupid patcher exe, that throws up errors.

Patch 1.05 doesn't report errors on clean 1.04 unless some data or modified or corrupted....

Did you ever considered this can be problem on your end?

btw: Such an archive you proposed as a solution would have 2+ GB.

Edit: Forgott to mention that I do have some (minor) graphics anomalities after the 1.05 patch but I suspect that is driver related.

I have seen one mission where I was looking down at a team mates corpse and his hands and face were white with no texturing at all. Later on I saw someone running around with the same effect. I can only assume that it is a texturing issue or he had some kind of custom textures which didn't work at my end. Either way I only ever saw it that one time.

I can confirm that the Vista and 8800GTX combination doesn't work very well with ArmA.

I bought the European 1.04 version, and I got lots of freezes and CTDs in the beginning. The main problem turned out to be related to my TrackIR4, so when I disabled that device and set my graphics settings to High (used to be Very High), everything went very smoothly and I only got the occational hang upon exiting the game.  But I could always kill the ArmA process with the Task Manager.

Upgrading to 1.05 made everything worse, however. I got LOTS of crashes, both in-game and while loading a game. The textures were also sometimes corrupted, both in the 3D view and in the map view.  But the biggest problem was that I couldn't activate the night vision goggles after I had loaded a saved game!  This made it impossible to finish my current campaign mission.

So I had to switch back to a fresh 1.04 install, and everything was working much better (except for chopper control etc).

System:

Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit)

nVidia 8800GTX (driver 100.65)

Athlon 64 X2 4800+

Asus A8R-MVP

2GB RAM

XP and x1650 Pro here, same problems. It isn't just limited to 8800/Vista

Agree with you.

I used to have no CTD in 1.02 German version.

Some appeared frequentely with version 1.04.

(Indeed I bought the two retail versions).

But since I patch both version successively, both of them CTD after between 5 and 40 min and especially on MP.

All my drivers are up to date and many test were done like desactivating my soundcard, desactivating EAX in the settings of the game, and Hardware Acc...

I would be very pleased to get a fix for that problem which only occurs with Arma and not with others recent games.

(Note that I would like to play only Arma !!! )

Thanks in advance BIS for your help. sad_o.gif

My spec :

XP SP2

AMD 64 4000+ (not above 40°C)

2 Go RAM Corsair value (tested ok with MEMTEST)

Motherboard A8N SLI PRENIUM

Nvidia Asus NExtreme 7800 GTX 256 (not above 65°C)

Power Supply HIPER AL-HPU-4B580-MU (580 W)

Realtek AC'97 Audio

Patch 1.05 doesn't report errors on clean 1.04 unless some data or modified or corrupted....

Did you ever considered this can be problem on your end?

btw: Such an archive you proposed as a solution would have 2+ GB.

There is no problem at my end, I've re-installed this game 5 times already, and even with clearing out registry entrys, keep having the same patch errors.

And as for the achive solution, why would it need to be 2+ Gb, why would it be any bigger than what they have already sent out, the patch is compressed already and wouldn't be a problem with current file archive tools.

ps. I work in a games company so I understand the pressure to release patches, but turning out a bad patch can be the nail in the coffin for developers, bad press will kill the product.

Also why is it there has been no response from BI saying the are working on the problems!!

Similar experience here. 1.05 Sprocket version on 8800GTX/Vista32/XFi. Crashes 50% of the time SP and 100% of the time MP (while loading the mission). Unplayable.

-Gator

tried multiplayer now, CTD on first death.

Is there anyone with 8800/Vista who doesn't experience stability problems?

I'm running a 7600GT and Vista Ultimate 64 and it crashes to desktop within a minute of starting a mission banghead.gif

Just bought the d/l version 1.05 English. When flying the 3D world reloads as I fly and my screen goes black and then I get "no signal" on my monitor. I have to shut the puter down to restart.

P4 3.4Ghz

1GB RAM

Nvidia 6800 256MB

Windows XP SP2