Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.05 Server Appearing/Dissapearing

Wow, Nightmare has managed to get this thread quite active with some interesting people it seems. Thats a good thing!!!

We had just about given up on this.

As previously stated, if you add your ArmA server to HLSW, it will show a time out when the error happens. On the actual box the Arma server is running fine.

IMO, this is clearly something to do with ArmA accepting queries and broadcasting. Nothing to do with Gamespy as the bug can be replicated outside of the internal game browser.

BIS, this should be your number 1 priority, if you kill the community you will have nothing going forward. We are happy to assist, let me know what you need to get things moving in a positive way.

You can email me direct on andy [at] cybernetic-servers.co.uk for any log files required from ex customer servers that had this problem.

DAMN IT FIX THAT DAMN BUG NOW OR GO TO HELL !

We won't, but you go on vacation.

You must understand how hard this is for us he has spent proberly over 2K on these servers which we cant even play on, which is also destroying our clan, we already had two great members leave us.

And if you do such thing he cant send valuble data to BIS and if he goes i go too.

As much as I understand his (and many others) anger, the way he expressed himself is simply not acceptable and surely doesn't make anything happen faster.

I doubt BI is sitting around twirling their thumbs, the reply from Maruk should pretty much explain that they're working on a solution.

You must understand I started this topic in March, its now June the 1st and We only recived a offical post yesterday becuase of nightmares agressive post, if it wasnt for that we would of not recived anything.

As a result of this issue on our old server, we have actually changed providers and hope to have a new server up in the next week or so.

I pray that the new machine isnt plagued by the same problem otherwise our ArmA Regiment could be in real trouble.

I must point out again that when we first got our old server it worked perfectly for weeks. Then all of a sudden started disappearing from the browser list and as far as I am aware no config changes were made. This is what is puzzling me the most.

Good luck BIS, I hope you sus this one out soon because it truley is a show stopper for C2A.

I got an email from one of the BIS guys asking for an Ethereal log, which I have been trying to do all weekend, with the log catching the server dropping off the list.

Do you think it will do it now? Grrrrr.

If anyone is around at the moment, can you please join this server 194.50.80.75:2302

It seemed to be people coming and going that caused this bug before.

Ethereal is running on the server...

I just had a thought.

All the people with problems, did you have Arma create a profile that was edited?

E:\ArmA1\arma_server.exe -server -config=server.cfg -profiles=E:\Arma1 -name=test -port 2302 -mod= -netlog

This would obviously create E:\ArmA1\Users\test\test.ArmAProfile

We have been editing this file to set requirements like Vet mode, 3rd person etc.

I have had a perfect working Arma server so far by not setting these values and letting Arma use the My Documents area.

For reference, this was the test.armaprofile file.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

version=1;

blood=1;

viewDistance=1400;

terrainGrid=10.000000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=2;

soundEnableEAX=0;

soundEnableHW=0;

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.800000;

skillEnemy=0.800000;

precisionFriendly=0.800000;

precisionEnemy=0.750000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.850000;

precisionFriendly=0.800000;

precisionEnemy=0.800000;

};

};

showTitles=1;

showRadio=1;

difficultyMP="veteran";

Scrub that,

18:01:25 eXTaSiS uses modified data file - CA

18:01:25 Player eXTaSiS connecting.

18:01:28 Player eXTaSiS connected (id=13774599).

Then it went down.

Yeah we tryed everything, can i ask what everones server providers names our and where they are located.

and it will be nice for C2A.Jackal to get back to us once he has got his new server set up.  smile_o.gif

Edit: At BIS was there any major arma server changes from when you first released the game becuase our old server used to work in MP also untill we got the new one.

We are a provider, but you probably already guessed that.

As we route our own BGP network, I know for a fact there is no blocking of ports etc from our end.

Thanks to everyone that joined the server.

I managed to capture in Ethereal when the bug happened.

Sent it all off in an email to Marek, hopefully something can now be done about it.

I have shut the server down now.

Yeah we tryed everything, can i ask what everones server providers names our and where they are located.

and it will be nice for C2A.Jackal to get back to us once he has got his new server set up.  smile_o.gif

Edit: At BIS was there any major arma server changes from when you first released the game becuase our old server used to work in MP also untill we got the new one.

Matt, as soon as we have our new server up and running the first thing I will be doing is testing for this bug and of course I will post all the details here in this thread.

Maybe we will spot a difference or pattern from the old server. Hopefully the data Andy has provided to BIS will help more though.

hoping problem gets solved now.

understanding the phrase 'go to hell'

these are my exact thoughts also...

spend money on servers....for nothing...arma is great but not that great that my clan sticks around on our empty server.

@sickboy, i know your a great mind but also human.....your forgiven m8... biggrin_o.gif

@bis give us what we payed for plse....we deserve it,we are playing your creation from the beginning...right from the start till now....we are devoted ofpFans...make us happy...

@myself keep the faith m8,ofp was fucked up in the beginning,and improved patch after patch,arma will do the same...(split personality)...

Point Out...

I was looking at the Ethereal logs and one thing I have noticed is most of the time you see:

2302 - 2304 and 2304 to 2302 source to destination and vice versa.

Every now and then there are strange ports.

For example,

source 2302 - dest 19360

source 2302 - dest 64799

Is this normal?

Thanks everyone for the logs.

We were able to locate a problem from it and hopefully have a fix in the upcoming 1.08. We'll be tracking this topic after patch is out to see if the bug is confirmed as fixed.

Windows 2000 SP2 or newer Windows version will be required now for the Win32 server.

Thankyou for the news Maruk.  smile_o.gif

Excellent news. Thanks for the update Maruk. I know everyone on this thread will appreciate it greatly.  biggrin_o.gif

And hats off to those who provided BIS with logs!!  notworthy.gif

Fingers crossed this is the answer.

Would I be asking to much for an ETA on the 1.08 patch for Euro? smile_o.gif

First tests on the 1.08 Server confirm. IT HAS BEEN FIXED yay.gifyay.gif

Thank you BIS and sorry for the rant, but it was necessarry to stir things up tounge2.gif

Thanks to Maruk, suma, andyb28 and everyone else who helped to fix that  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

oh and btw. 1.08 is really an improvement, ArmA runs alot smoother and better now. Keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

:O did you get it early to test it?

And thats great news mate! biggrin_o.gif I'll drop by sometime smile_o.gif

Thankyou BIS for the fix (eventually biggrin_o.gif) notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

For testing purposes we have 1 server public general 1 public presistant evolution server and 1 privite and they are all running stable. smile_o.gif

Our servers work well but after 30min or so they vanish from the game browser list.. although it says they are still active. :/

UDP ports 2300-2350 are open and the servers are reporting but after 30min or so they vanish

Does anyone know why

confused_o.gif

Thats no bug , thats build in.

If the server is changing map it goes to sleep also happens when nobody is on the server.

Even if you start it on and there no players on it would show up , but maybe you have your mp filters ingame wrong

Saves alot of wasted cpu.

I checked my server console , i just goes in some pause mode.

Now i am updating the server to 1.08 maybe the engine has been changed.

Greetz tounge2.gif