Sign in to follow this  
Cosmonaut

Possible Solutions for Preventing TKers.

Of course this is assuming that you can set the server to automatically kick players after they commit the offenses I have mentioned below.

1. Shooting or Killing a team mate in the first 30secs of spawning = Kicked.

2. Killing more than two team mates in one round = Kicked.

3. Destroying more than two Friendly vehicles = Kicked.

It seems just injuring your team by shooting them doesn't register any negative score or I would also add that if you shoot or damage 3 or more players you would also get kicked.

Now I'm not talking about banning players but just kicking the ones that seem to think its fun to wait at respawn, in the Air Cavalry mission for example and just shoot the players waiting for a ride out. Then when the helicopters or vehicles arrive they usually shoot those up too. It gets ridiculous at times when you spawn back the airbase and its like a war zone between the players ..

The offenders will obviously try to reenter the server but at least they have to reconnect although a 5min ban would definitively be better heck anything would be better than completely handing the server over to a handful of morons.

Believe me we know that the admin tools and settings for Ama are very sadly lacking ( remote admin is completely impossible ).

Its a subject thats been raised many times and ive even sent messages to the Dev team about the lack of good admin funtions, but never had a response.

If they are working of betteer admin functions, Ive not seen any info about it. The only changes Have been the abillity to turn of VON,Turn on/off grass and pending in the nex update is a switch to allow maps to run permanently.

Its a different game from Flashpoint, and retaining the same admin features from Flashpoint wasnt a good idea. This game is more widely played by general public and if you want to run a decent well run public server, you need the tools to do it. The requirement for an admin to actually be logged into the game to do any type of adminning is not good. For one, an admin may be wishing to admin while there doing other things, so a remote admin tool for your desktop would be fantastic, and its something we have had in just about every other online game for the past 5 years.

I'll stop ranting now.

/signed.

agreed, admin needs alot of work BIS, upt it on your list of jobs to do or all the casual gamers will leave the game.

You could disableUserInput for them... then they would have to shutdown arma to even exit the server pistols.gif

Once finished, my prisonscript should deal with those who reconnect as well (not sure if it will be laggy or not though)

Hi Cosmonaut

There is an existing thread on this and several scripts for auto punishing TKs they include everything from the prison script mentioned above to wound matching forgive functions to keyboard lock up and much more.

Use the search function. Look in scripting.

Kind Regards walker