Sign in to follow this  
skimbo

CPBO

Hi all

I'm having trouble with the cpbo program for extracting/packing files.

I can create cpbo files by right clicking but I don't get an option to extract cpbo files.

I get an 'open with program...' in my right click menu, I then select cpbo but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Skimbo

Guest RKSL-Rock

CPBO = Create PBO if im not mistaken. wink_o.gif

I'd suggest you use something like WinPBO or PBOX

Either of these will UNPBO files but you will need to use CPBO to recompile them again for use in arma.

CPBO from Kegetys has worked flawlessly here. The "extract" appears as first item when I right-click a PBO file.

Did you try to run the cpbo.exe directly again? If you run it from the Explorer you should get a command prompt window, cpbo outputs some text there which you should have a look what it says.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Detailed explanation on how to use cpbo :

here

DOH! I never realised that it had and extract function! Teach me to actually READ the the readme! crazy_o.gif

had a similar problem when eliteness was used prior to installing cpbo.

maybe related , but only if you was running eliteness too befor or after cpbo ?

I had the same problem, clearing the previous association to the *.pbo extension (Tools/Folder Options/File Types) before installing cpbo fixed it for me.

Thanks a lot guys will try some of your suggestions.

All the best!

Skimbo

Major Woody

I had the same problem mate, could pack but not unpack using cpbo program - there was no option in my right click menu to extract/unpack at all.

In the end I downloaded winpbo I think it was - works like winrar very easy to use.

I now just use cpbo to pack my files.

Skimbo

strange??

i installed cpbo and when i want to un-pbo something i just left mouse click and job done!

Winpbo is for OFP version pbo's... It may work on ArmA version pbo's with unsatisfactory results.

ah!

Thats interesting, I didnt realise that different programs were specific to op flashpoint or Arma.

What a complete pain in the wotsits.

Skimbo

Guest RKSL-Rock
Got WINPBO allright - but it makes the config pretty unreadbe...  sad_o.gif

Are you trying to view a config.bin file? I thought you were just trying to unpbo arma files.

If you are im not surprised its screwed.  You need to get ArmAunbin!

ah!

Thats interesting, I didnt realise that different programs were specific to op flashpoint or Arma.

What a complete pain in the wotsits.

Skimbo

Half the time modding is that, but the end product usually repays all the hard work.

I am just trying to unpbo pbo files not configs.

It was just something SYB said about 3 posts ago. He basically said winpbo is for op flashpoint pbo's and may not work with satisfactory results in ARMA.

Bugger! Its the only one that seems to work for me as well.

Skimbo

Guest RKSL-Rock
I am just trying to unpbo pbo files not configs.

It was just something SYB said about 3 posts ago. He basically said winpbo is for op flashpoint pbo's and may not work with satisfactory results in ARMA.

Bugger! Its the only one that seems to work for me as well.

Skimbo

Well ive been using Winpbo to unpbo ArmA files for months now... they all open up for me fine.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Nice! Cheers m8  smile_o.gif

You're welcome. wink_o.gif

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tools.php for WinPbo

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/elite.php for tools for OFP Elite which are compatiblie with ArmA.

skimbo, put you wrong there... Winpbo seems to work intermitently on my WinXP-64bit...

eg. I just tried using it to open wheeled3.pbo for v1.4.0.5121 and it didn't extract the pbo contents properly.

Did same but used Eliteness 2.08 and works perfectly.

Also, perfect result using cpbo.

Currently I use cpbo.exe (by Keygety's) for unpbo'ing and pbo'ing and also Eliteness 2.08 (Mikero) for the same.

Also, for unrapifying bin files I use unRap.exe (Keygetys) some of the time and Eliteness some of the time. (depending on which way the wind is blowing)

Mikero's Eliteness 2.08 is the only one doing 'rapifying' or binarizing of ArmA .cpp files back into .bin files at the moment. (I think... could be wrong)

Also, currently I think only Mikero's Eliteness 2.08 is capable of dealing with config.bin files that are not only rapified but also are compressed.

eg. Unpbo stra_debug.pbo and you'll notice a config.cpp and stringtable.csv

config.cpp is 'compressed-rapified' and so is stringtable.csv

ArmAUnbin (Feersum), unRap (kegetys) won't handle them (at the moment, anyway)... but, Eliteness does perfectly.

So you see one has to use a myriad of tools 'to get the job done', they're all good.

If I had to pick one... I'd say Eliteness 'cause it handles everything currently out there, for OFP, ArmA and Elite.

However, some people have had problems getting it to work on their windows systems, not sure why.