Sign in to follow this  
JudgeDredd

Sniper mission - how kool

Just played one of the "sub" missions where I have to snipe an officer...

How cool is it! finding THE spot...waiting...taking him out (and the gunners on the roof if you want) and then trying to get out with that helo flying overhead and a plethora of troops kicking about.

Loved it...very atmospheric!

I loved it too.

I enjoyed it so much I knocked up a quick vid.

Here you go.  wink_o.gif

Sniper Mission

(I did cheat a bit.  All the early kills alerted the officer so I finished Frapping, reloaded the level and finished him properly).

Nice one...

I did it completely differently, though.

I didn't shoot anything before I got to the contact site...so I move to the edge of the cliff and waited, shot the officer in the UAZ and crawled out...all the while looking about for the multitude of soldiers looking for me and the helicopter.

Eventually, I got the gunner and the driver in the UAZ looking for me, but I was so wounded I could only crawl to it...it was about 200 yards away...the longest 200 yards I ever had...sneaking, stopping, shooting...eventually got ot it and high tailed it out of there...

excellent mission.

I cheated a bit - but all in the interests of movie making.

I started on the guys by the camp just for the benefit of FRAPS recording.  As soon as I did my objective changed to "Retreat" as the officer was warned off.  Once I had some footage under my belt I reloaded the game and sneaked off to the hotel without killing anyone (except the officer and a gunner) where I finshed filming.

I did get winged in the right leg as I fled but luckily I could still sprint - phew.

I liked this mission but hated how the Ai used their Ak47 Iron sights like sniper rifles from around 700-800 metres away! I personally killed absolutely everyone (except the pilot in the chopper as he seems to be invincible, until he crashed it all by himself) and then took a jeep from the hotel and drove back up the mountain smile_o.gif

i must admit that was one of the cooler missions of the rather disappointing campaign. smile_o.gif

but it seems to me that some of you made that mission more complicated than it actually is; i simply ran up the ridge in front of me from where i could see the hotel, and stayed there until the officer was in position. one shot, one kill. and i just ran up the mountain towards the extraction point with bullets flying past me. easiest mission ever.

I encountered a nice bug in this mission, and the sad is that when I read the briefing I was so excited playing the lone sniper role. I still remember that mission in OPF where you have to kill some guys at an enemy base.

I got deployed, crawl in the hill, find a nice spot and wait. Suddenly "Objective Completed - Go to extraction point" appears in the screen. I checked the map to see which objective I was just complete and I see that the officer is dead(I even took some screenshots ), go to extraction. I didn't even shoot a single bullet banghead.gif

Did anyone else have the same problem??

I encountered a nice bug in this mission, and the sad is that when I read the briefing I was so excited playing the lone sniper role. I still remember that mission in OPF where you have to kill some guys at an enemy base.

I got deployed, crawl in the hill, find a nice spot and wait. Suddenly "Objective Completed - Go to extraction point" appears in the screen. I checked the map to see which objective I was just complete and I see that the officer is dead(I even took some screenshots ), go to extraction. I didn't even shoot a single bullet banghead.gif

It doesnt have to be a bug... accidents happen too in RL, maybe he was ran over by a vehicle biggrin_o.gif .

Just replaying the campa as I got a new gfx card and had this mission on the table.

I took the "very alternative" approach. Took out the guys at the helo wreck, grabbed RPG , went up to the ridge, waited for officer to arrive and show up, selected RPG and blew the helo on the rooftop wich caused the hotel to collapse totally, kill the officer, set the cars in front on fire and ended in a nice wave of explosions around the hotel that killed alot tounge2.gif Jumped into the jeep at the helo wreck and blasted off to the next pub. Overall the mission took me 5 minutes.

I just fired one RPG et voila !

Note to BIS: If the hotel collapses the stationary machineguns are still hanging in the air which looks a bit weird smile_o.gif

Anyhow, I don´t think the mission creator did have my approach in mind, so no big deal there.

haha, I skipped this mission after failing twice.. First time I got noticed by the patrols. Second time the MGs on the roof noticed me. =P

I had a hard time approaching the building without being noticed. so I just did it the Rambo way. Unfortunately the entire place is full of patrols and lonely enemies, so you constantly run into enemy fire.

I stole a jeep, and drove right into the bulding, mounted as gunner and shot the general, turned around inside the building and drove out again! tounge2.gif

I just shot the officer and crawled away a couple dozen of meters, then started running like crazy, dropping down whenever the helicopter got near. I was soooooo relieved when it finally crashed into a hillside biggrin_o.gif

I just got to the eastern side by a large overhanging rock, shot the officer on the balcony, then the mg soldiers on the roof.. Then just sniped everyone around the hotel.. Helicopter flew off and crashed into the rock that I was hiding by.. I'd just moved thankfully... Then made my escape up the hill to end the mission..

Hardest part of the mission is the crack Ak-74 snipers that are way over the top in skill .. confused_o.gif

I agree, crack AK47 snipers seem to be all to common on that mission. I actually found a sweet spot where you can just see the Generals head and be covered by the hill, just one shot and you can get away before even being seen wink_o.gif Although I like the sound of blowing up the building with a RPG, might have try that later pistols.gif

This is a fun mission. I followed the orders given, cracked the officer threw the noggin and ran like hell. The copter on the roof took off fast and I thought I was screwed.

Must have had some tough winds. He crashed into the cliff on the first pass. Pretty funny stuff. The explosion also took the squad chasing me off my tail. Guess they needed to see what blew up biggrin_o.gif

Same here, but I actually saw how he dies : I was waiting behind a rock for the officer to walk out on to the balcony ; he walked out after a few minutes, and stopped. I had him in my sights and was just about to put an unhealthy dose of lead through his head when I noticed he started moving (not actually walking, just moving sideways slowly, as if hovering), reached the end of the balcony, went through it and fell to his death... :/

Probably should be reported to BIS as a bug.