Sign in to follow this  
Ryujin

Vietnam sounds!

I was working on project Vietnam for quake wars, which is dead, so here's some sounds! Feel free to use them:

They're mostly weapons, ever so slightly cinmatized for atmosphere (not too much). Level of completion varies, but there's plenty to work with, some are complete, some aren't. They all come with distant versions for quake wars, not too sure of what you can do with them in ArmA. Some come with reload sound too.

Guns:

M16A1

MAT49 (slightly guessed on this one)

Mosin Nagant (nice bolt and reload)

AK47

SKS

M14

PPSH

M60

CAR15(not so good)

Thompson(major WIP)

and some shell clinking

A quick sample (in browser) (distant sounds)

Here it is

EDIT: If you like this and ask nicely, I might do a sound for you

eeeeexcelllent. Cant express how happy I am for this.

I can make models, textures and code.. not top quality but I can make them.. but sounds always a problem for me. Music, weapons whatever. Thanks alot.

Glad to help, as i mentioned before, just drop me a request in this thread or my Xfire ryujin88 if anyone wants something in particular seeing as I'm not really doing much atm (seeing as nam stuff isn't all that useful).

Here you go, one 105mm bombardment. Sounds pretty genaric, so it can be used for most stuff. Its about 4 mins and has a lull in the middle. You could probably loop it in ArmA for a longer bombardment.

105MM

This version has some the shells passing overhead:

105 with overhead shells

Does anyone know where the ambience sounds are located ?

Cant seem to find the PBO so I can add this fine artillery barage. help.gif Thx in advance for your help.

@swtx, I don't know anything about ArmA, sorry confused_o.gif I just make the sounds, putting it altogether is up to you guys. I don't think I'll finish all my Vietnam sounds. Instead if there's a spacific gun(s) you want finished, let me know. Otherwise I'll keep doing requests (that includes a mod, I don't mind putting in some longterm work).

btw, If anyone knows how to add sounds into ArmA post it here. I think it needs to be .ogg or something....