Sign in to follow this  
Winters1807

Respawn?

You should be able to respawn as any unit that is set as playable, so long as you specify the correct respawn type in in the the description.ext

That Wiki page isn't very specific. In what syntax and location do you have to place the respawn command in the description file?

I would also like to know how to set respawn in multiplayer. I did it before in an operation flashpoint map but that was years ago and I cant seem to find any description.ext files anywhere.

Quote[/b] ]That Wiki page isn't very specific. In what syntax and location do you have to place the respawn command in the description file?

from wiki:

Quote[/b] ]

The description.ext in fact uses the same syntax as all config files, therefore each line should be terminated with ;

Location within the file does not matter, so long as you do not place the definition within another class.

Quote[/b] ] I would also like to know how to set respawn in multiplayer. I did it before in an operation flashpoint map but that was years ago and I cant seem to find any description.ext files anywhere.

from wiki:

Quote[/b] ]The description.ext is a text file located in the root of the mission folder
A description.ext may not exist unless you create it. I do not have the full version of ArmA, but each of the demo missions has a description.ext, take a look at them for a reference.

Sorry for getting confused but this description.ext where does it go exactly because I have files to do with my map in my documents and in the actual program folder.

Could anyone please add an example of what and how is written for MP games only or an upload of a discription.ext file be put here to study it so we can use it as an example...please. I have added respawn = "group"; and so on...but it seems not to follow. I must have missed something to add.

I have read the wiki, I am new to the game myself but trying. My problem is which of the codes should be added to make my coop games and mp work. Thankyou.

Ok this are the steps I made...please correct me and guide me if I am wronge in anyone of them...

STEP 1; I put the file in my USER NAME folder MP mission folder.

1.gif

STEP 2; I know open my mission.

2.gif

STEP 3; The 2 files, the mission SQM file and the Discription.ext file.

3.gif

STEP 4; I opened word pad and added just 2 CODES...

<span style='color:red'>respawn = "group";

respawndelay= "3";</span>

Now...since I noticed that an ext file was needed and not word pad (correct me here if I am wronge), I archived the discription file to ext... Now when I open the discription file after changing its format... you get this...

4.gif

When I start the game...it crashes giving me this...

5.gif

I feel I am so out of track and gone to far getting my thinking all mixed up now. confused_o.gif

Help in guiding me is what I need now... I am sorry for this noobish questions but I am only 4 days old with ARMA. Never played the former games before and know I have a lot to learn to enjoy this game. Thankyou for any help you give me.

The last steps is where you went wrong! It looks like you zipped (archived) the file before editing it.

description.ext is a TEXT file, open it with notepad. Don't change it's filename.

For an example, refer to the wiki page. Every single possible entry is listed!

Thanks for the help guys ive got my description.ext working and have respawn on my multiplayer map. smile_o.gif

The last steps is where you went wrong! It looks like you zipped (archived) the file before editing it.

description.ext is a TEXT file, open it with notepad. Don't change it's filename.

For an example, refer to the wiki page. Every single possible entry is listed!

You are right, that is what I did and it was all wronge. I got it fixed though. Thanks for your reply. smile_o.gif

So why do people use respawn scripts if you can just modify your Description.ext to respawn the players ?