Sign in to follow this  
My_Shortcoming

"Blood Sweat & Tears" Bug

Hi all!

yesterday night, after a very successful part as the guy that had to steal the Ural and the soldier's uniform and let the allied intruder get into the enemy base and destroy the communication system, I automatically passed to wear the shoes of the other guy inside an M113 to continue the assault to another town...until into the M113 all things has gone right, but at the moment to disembark: here it is the mission bug...when the guy touched the terrain he is died without any apparent reason!!!

sad_o.gif WHY?! sad_o.gif

Did I done something wrong?

Does someone can explain that?

Thanks in advance!

PS: ArmA version: the shining new 1.05

Automatically? Wasn't there dialog where you could select role for next part?

Automatically? Wasn't there dialog where you could select role for next part?

Yes, I also expected a dialog, but nothing.

The automatic change happened after I ended the mission objective of the SpecOps guy, apparently triggered by the end of the beach assault at the opposite side of the town...very strange game behaviour.

I also tried to disembark from M113 before order was given, but with the same bad result.

I havent experienced this bug in that part (i also selected the grunt) but i have the script error in the helicopter mission sad_o.gif .

First stop the truck, then took the town with the grunt squad, then the airfield, now the blackhawk ride.

The town and the airfield were a pain in the butt!

Im going for the blackhawk part now (hope the script error will go away), i went up hill but aparently i cant stray far from mission area? Doesnt make all that sense.. im gonna try the church ruin but that area seems a little too obvious.

The infantry squad could use a medic, im injured and usually the missions end before i can get to a medical tent.

This mini campaign is pretty cool, love the cutscenes and everything so far.

edit: Finished it, i didnt understand the first part with the truck and the uniforms, im replaying it soon and try diferent role selection combinations.

Anyone found the scared civilian in Pita?

I completed mission, and then when it goes to cut scene, i just fail the mission apparently i've "left mission area". During the Cutscene highly irritating confused_o.gif

Also how do i unlock the extra single player missions definitely curious of them?

Also how do i unlock the extra single player missions definitely curious of them?

Complete some unlocked mission.

Hi, first post around here, but I get this just before i jump into the helicopter to use the mingun and then i get an unending burned out chopper landing on my crashed chopper killing me continuously huh.gif and i get this text staying in the corner of the screen all the time, any ideas, pic below. Just to add, when I took the pic, the screen just went black, I can normally see the whole game when that error text shows but it just so happened when i took screenie the screen went black sad_o.gif

The problems seem to start whe the airport has been taken iover and the blackhawks come into land 3 of them, 1 of them crashes then the harriers come over and the text appears and then the game starts to screw up.

Hi EVIL-SCOTSMAN,

I get the exact same problem too & its patched to 1.05

Out of interest what system specs do you have?

Mine:

C2D 6300 @ 3Ghz

2Gb Ram

X1800XT

X-Fi

Raptor

My problem starts almost immediately. In the blood, sweat and tears mission. First you have to block the opfor and steal a uniform. So i drive a car and tractor on the road. The opfor shows up at 5:26(or something like that) and i kill three soldiers that come out. (this took me a few times, remind me to not join the army in real life). I walk up to the dead soldier but all i can take from them is gear, no uniform. Also there's no option to get in the opfor like with the car/tractor. I decided to wait hiding myself in a house. After about 20 minutes some 8 soldiers on foot show up, from about the same direction as the opfor came. Again i kill all of them but nothing happens, after i waited with time x4 the next mission starts at 6.36 but i'm still at the ambush site with no enemy uniform and no opfor under my ass.

any tips would be highly appreciated biggrin_o.gif

You just have to intercept the truck and kill the ocupants, i think you will have to shoot atleast one of them in the head so that the uniform thing works, you dont have to pick any uniform...

There is a colision/geometry bug in 1.05 that makes head shots hit the body instead but not if you shoot them while they are inside a vehicle so just head shot the driver..

I never understood the uniform thing and its relevance to this mission, it triggers a diferent dialog in the cutscene and thats it.

jeej! thanks for the quick reply smile_o.gif

ok so no uniform taking, i thought i headshot at least one nice and clean (couldn't discover any blood on the uniform). the opfor truck do i need to get in, or is that same story and do i just need to walk in the direction op the town? well i've got to go to work, i'll try a bit when i get home.

thanks again.

Kill the fourth guy from the truck as well :-) You should then get a cutscene where you take the truck to the guy that's waiting for that uniform.

It's a really nice mission, but very, very buggy.

yes that kind of was the problem there wasn't a fourth guy :s i searched every house and bush in every direction until the "you're leaving the mission area get back" appeared. than instead of finding the fourth guy, 8 soldiers show up (happend twice). anyway i'll try it when i get home.

officially late for work now.

Kill the fourth guy from the truck as well :-) You should then get a cutscene where you take the truck to the guy that's waiting for that uniform.

It's a really nice mission, but very, very buggy.

I dont remember that and im sure i killed them all confused_o.gif , at the start of the mission i saw a civilian sitting in a sand box behind a house...

Well i had all the previous problems, but my most annoying one is that after getting to the last part to protect the crashed helicopter guys, cant end the mission.

I've run all over looking for any enemies I may of missed, but cant end it :-(

Well i had all the previous problems, but my most annoying one is that after getting to the last part to protect the crashed helicopter guys, cant end the mission.

I've run all over looking for any enemies I may of missed, but cant end it :-(

Try to load it again, imediatly after the last part starts tell the pilot to follow you and hide with him in the church ruin, set him to "danger", from this safe position he killed a bunch of SLA for me.

Its possible that the allowfleeing comand isnt working correctly and the enemy is.. well... fleeing when they shouldnt.

I had the same issue with the 3-4 guys on the truck. After kiling them and getting no cutscene, I took the dirtbike to the base. I received the "leaving mission area" warning but just kept going. When I got to the base, I scored a headshot on the first enemy I saw and presto uniform cutscene starts and I am back at the house with the invisible gun.

My problem now is, I have killed everyone at the base and the town after he destroyed the radio tower, but I am not getting the next cutscene. Any suggestions?

I completed mission, and then when it goes to cut scene, i just fail the mission apparently i've "left mission area". During the Cutscene highly irritating  confused_o.gif

I chose to continue as the sniper and climbed the hill SW of the army base, and sniped in a anticlockwise direction around the town. I finished with the BMP using a fallen comrade's antitank weapon. whistle.gif

Annoyingly the cutscene proceeded to take me outside the mission area and I die instantly on spawning  crazy_o.gif

Oh well...I guess I will try again, switch to the other character and find the other bugs too  icon_rolleyes.gif

Overall I think the game is great, but look foward to the patches. Nice to get away from the bf series...getting fed up of being 'pwned' by hax0rz . Cant really see such people enjoying this game since they wont understand it because it is a sim rather than an arcade fps.

Thanks BIS for you hard work so far. Keep up the good work.  inlove.gif

I'm playing the "Blood, sweat & tears" mission and saw multiple bugs so far - I have the US version.

After taking the first town (Mabeste or whatever) and get into the M113 - all my gear disappears and when we get to the airfield, I have no equipment. After reloading, I can pick up a weapon in the M113.

When the M113-s arrive at the airbase, the second one always (without a single miss after reloading it 9 times) hits the first one (in which I'm riding) and I get injured. I actually avoided being shot during the entire mission (several reloads, of course) to be injured by the dumb AI driver.)

When boarding the helicopter as a gunner, I got a script error - "Error Zero Divisor" - it stuck to the top left screen and comes back when reloading the mission. It stays there even after the chopper is shot down.

I agree with those who mention that enemy soldiers lock in on the player - it does feel that way. When I'm hiding in a bush (and grass), making no noises and not moving at all, I still get shot very frequently from large distances with a single shot. (And because of the terrain, there are trees/bushes/grass all around. In many cases I cannot even see the attacker. Granted, I'm probably not the best player but I was able to play through OFP on veteran.)

So far, ArmA looks like a very nice game but it feels very unbalanced. Also, does anybody know a way to lessen the effects of grass (or the height?) Going prone is completely useless now - I cannot see anything and it's impossible to shoot with any accuracy.) confused_o.gif

Edit:

Here is the script error that I get:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">actual=_allteams |#| select _n;

if(canstand _actual) then {[...

Error Zero Divisor

hey xxbbcc, not sure about that code thingy, but you can turn the grass off by setting your terrain level to Very Low. This turns the grass off and helps with FPS as well.

Cormega,

Thank you for the advice - I was hoping for an option to turn it off (or preferably lessen its impact on targeting in a prone position.) I don't want to turn down the visual quality (I really like the improved detail of ArmA smile_o.gif ) and I actually like the grass when standing, it adds to the game. It's just a bit over the top when going prone. (And from a standing perspective, the grass looks significantly shorter than it appears from a prone position.)

How can you complete this mission? Once I arrive at the airport (with the M113s) all my soldiers are slowly but surely killed and there are no AT guys left that could get rid of the BMPs, T72 reinforcements, Shilka etc. I manage to kill most of the enemy soldiers inside the base but there is no way past the Shilka or the tanks.

Edit: Nevermind, managed it, just stole an RPG and killed the T72 and was done with that part of the mission.

I successfully completed this very interesting mission. First off, I attacked the Shilka with my grenade launcher, which did not hurt the Shilka but flushed out the two gunners, who I then killed. Then got into the Shilka and blasted the BRDM(?). A cut scene then came up and I proceeded to the enemy camp, sniped away until another cut scene came up where our chopper went down. Then I had to rescue/defend the survivors,which I did. Killed the enemy in and around the chopper and the mission was completed. Good luck.