Sign in to follow this  
VXR

WW2 Afrika

Very simple Question :P

I would like to know if there is any interest in a WW2 Afrika campaign.

If there are people that are interested.. Idea's are welcome in a reply. People that have any skills on 2D or 3D creations or are missionmakers that want to create realistic great missions (incl. cutscenes etc.), Scripters that are interested to make ArmAfrika 42 come true also reply or PM me.

Thanks in Advance!

PS: there might be some stuff shown in the near future already.. wink_o.gif

Regards

Vix

I don't know why anyone would say no to this. It's an original idea and I think it'd be good to see something that's not been done over and over again.

I don't know why anyone would say no to this. It's an original idea and I think it'd be good to see something that's not been done over and over again.

There are people that just are not interested in WW2, or the WW2 Africa Campaign.

It does not really matter to me if there would be more "no" to the idea, only thing I need to know if there are people that do are interested. Also if there are people willing to help. wink_o.gif

The mod won't be a complete big pack of units, weapons etc. Everything will be released step by step and some great missions with every release.

When enough stuff is released there will be a campaign created. Kinda a slow process to a complete mod but still enyoing the public.

Who cares if any one else "likes the idea"? If you want to

make it, then make it (it's not as if you'll be selling it, is

it?). I'm already working on British stuff for the Middle East

theatre in World War 2, but I never felt the need to ask

first if I should.

damnit, I hate it when this happens. Delete post.

How about making a large World War 2 mod and have sub-divisions such as an Africa campaign in it

Have too many subdivisions and you might end up only releasing a Demo by the time OFP2 comes out..

You should have a 'who bothers to view the cutscenes between missions' vote. Don't waste time with them and you'll release far earlier. I would just have some nice juicy information about each mission in a couple of pages of text..

Ivnation 44 anyone? sad_o.gif

#C

That is the reason I want to release everything in parts along with maybe 2 or 3 missions for every release. Made by a missionmaker that already works on it when the addon is beeing created. wink_o.gif

I suggest make addons for a given scenario. Research a string of battles or a campaign that really interests you or make up a ficticious scenario thats really gripping and atmospheric. Think about all the gameplay aspects you want to include. Big tank battles? Air strikes? Retreats? Rescuing POWs? Anything. Then decide what units you will need for this and get to work on them. That way you always have a constant goal to work towards, you only build what you need.

Splitting WW2 into subdivisions saw loads of quality addons made but not many well rounded finished products.

Daniel @ Feb. 09 2007,11:29)]I suggest make addons for a given scenario. Research a string of battles or a campaign that really interests you or make up a ficticious scenario thats really gripping and atmospheric. Think about all the gameplay aspects you want to include. Big tank battles? Air strikes? Retreats? Rescuing POWs? Anything. Then decide what units you will need for this and get to work on them. That way you always have a constant goal to work towards, you only build what you need.

Splitting WW2 into subdivisions saw loads of quality addons made but not many well rounded finished products.

I do think about a fictional scenario.

Releasing it all in parts will give it some good difference in types of gameplay. For example: As some planes will be released there come some air battle missions with it. When some tanks will be released there is are tank battle missions with it.. same for units etc. At the end it can all be combined to one big campaign that has all flavours of battle.. From Special forces missions to big tank battles. biggrin_o.gif