Sign in to follow this  
-Variable-

Getting Rid of Partly Empty Mags

If a partly empty magazine was reloaded (for example- a magazine with onlly one bullet), how can it be rid of?

One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

I don't think they can be ridded off on the way you want.

Quote[/b] ]One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

Well, why don't you check/try it?

Wrong thread btw ...

Quote[/b] ]One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

Well, why don't you check/try it?

I get a bit confused every time i check it... so i thought someone smarter could enlighten me smile_o.gif

I get a bit confused every time i check it... so i thought someone smarter could enlighten me smile_o.gif

You get a bit confused,,,by/with what? With that that the first magazine you drop is not always the one with the smallest number of bullets? Well, in such case obviously the answer is no.  wink_o.gif

Magazine with the least ammo will be dropped first with the exception that the one that is currently in use is dropped last of course. Mag with the most ammo is used when reloading. It would be nice if you could check them though and fill partially used mags from others.

It would be nice if you could check them though and fill partially used mags from others.

Well I think that OFP is more realistic the way it is. The feature that you suggesting will cause players to reload after each engagement, even if they fired only a few shots, why not do that if it's filling up the mags?

Anyway, thanks for your answer!

You misunderstood, what I suggested would only make it realistic. It'd take some time to fiddle with the magazines and loose rounds so it's not something you'd do in the middle of a fire fight.

To unload a typical 30 round assault rifle magazine it takes something around 10-15s and 25-35s to fill in real life, less time for less rounds obviously.

What's the point of dropping non-full mags? The best way to get rid of a mag is to reload your weapon after your current clip is empty - unless you need that magazine later and are just temporarily freeing the inventory space for a grenade or something like that...

To unload a typical 30 round assault rifle magazine it takes something around 10-15s and 25-35s to fill in real life, less time for less rounds obviously.

Yes. This would make it more realistic indeed.

Buzzard- The point is when you are rearming from a dead comrade's corpse, for example, you want to take the partly emptied mags off of your inventory, and then replace them with fresh new mags.

Never really completely knew how theese mags worked indeed, haha. Somewhat of OFP mystery is what I like till this day, this game never stopes to surprize you! As a oridinary player, or a linux-dedi admin for example nener.gif

Buzzard- The point is when you are rearming from a dead comrade's corpse, for example, you want to take the partly emptied mags off of your inventory, and then replace them with fresh new mags.

Variable: My point was, one shouldn't be carrying any non-full mags around (with the possible exception of the clip currently inserted in the weapon one is carrying).