Sign in to follow this  
ukr-man

Ukrainian army car - LUAZ

nice details but excessive with the pollys... you dont need to, in fact, you cant model the individual tyre treads and front grill and expect this to run smoothly in Armed Assault at any resonable strain... leave it up to normal maps and textures.

And make sure you sort out your smoothing groups! The model is excellent but looks like it's carved out of soap- partially because of the default colour, and partially because some of your smoothing groups should have hard edges where there are soft ones. O realise this is far from finished but I see so many screwed up smoothing groups from this mod community...

congrats,even in the ugly look of o2 window it looks sweet.

I presume this is the high poly version of the model, used to capture normal maps information, so my strong advise is to keep a paralel version with the 1st main lod, so u can have a good idea of the final model polycount.

Messiah, imo there's no better reference for extracting detailed tire threads like a highpoly reference... hand painting the normal map is always the fast/easy solution, that works perfectly for hatches, minor details.but for deep threads like that...i would keep the highpoly version.

keep the good work!

i still have to disagree... its still an utter waste of pollys on a part of the vehicle you wont notice the difference on if it used a normal map

Is it me or doesn't the pictures of the car show up (the truck in other topic works).

I like the models a lot, but like others mentioned, would be nice to hear if those are the ingame models or the normal map versions. If they are the ingame models, a polycount would be appreciated.

I'm not here to express my feelings on the polycount etc (in the end you download final product or you don't). But from what i see they look very high poly (especially the tires are 'over it' imho...as long they are round, like a 32 segm. cilinder, i can live with them. Normal maps should deal with the rest).

Anyway, looking very promising, looking forward to see/read more.