Sign in to follow this  
Clavicula_nox4817

3rd Infantry Division DCU

=- @ July 30 2007,21:54)]
=- @ July 30 2007,19:01)]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures.  got a clue why?

I think these units might use old infantry models.

Squad logos weren't introduced onto the human models until one of the later patches (1.07 beta I think) so these units may not have the necessary selections.

oh that sucks, those textures are my favourite, but without squad logo? hmm no, is there a chance to add the textures to the newer models?

tomorrow, I'll update it with the newer soldier models.If i have time, should only take a few minutes.

=- @ July 30 2007,19:01)]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures.  got a clue why?

Squad logos weren't introduced onto the human models until one of the later patches (1.07 beta I think) so these units may not have the necessary selections.

oh that sucks, those textures are my favourite, but without squad logo? hmm no, is there a chance to add the textures to the newer models?

tomorrow, I'll update it with the newer soldier models.If i have time, should only take a few minutes.

Will it be DCU or the current ACU?

Looks good.

I wish the images were taken without any graphic in game effects as they are not very clear.

=- @ July 30 2007,19:01)]really love this mod, but it doesnt show my squad logo on the left arm for some reason, i tried everything, it works on other unit textures. got a clue why?

OMG u are my man! your work is the best for sure, thx alot! smile_o.gif

/doesthehappydance

Well how about reskinning the vests on the SF to black ones and giving them whatever patch they wear on the arm so we have deltas as well as regular units? wink_o.gif

Well, I'll think about it. At least it's a workable idea, but I won't be able to finish today, I have manifest for a jump in a little bit.

More than likely, I'll do something.

If I may make a suggestion... Leave the old sf guys without squad logos in there too for those of us that don't give a crap about squad logos wink_o.gif. If you're willing to do that, I'll gladly add and option to the replacement pack to let the player use new or old.

If I may make a suggestion... Leave the old sf guys without squad logos in there too for those of us that don't give a crap about squad logos wink_o.gif. If you're willing to do that, I'll gladly add and option to the replacement pack to let the player use new or old.

YAY good news!

If I may make a suggestion... Leave the old sf guys without squad logos in there too for those of us that don't give a crap about squad logos wink_o.gif.  If you're willing to do that, I'll gladly add and option to the replacement pack to let the player use new or old.

I'll do that, I only hve a few minutes right now but I'll be gone the whole rest of the week and next week for an FTX, so ti will be a little bit.

If I may make a suggestion... Leave the old sf guys without squad logos in there too for those of us that don't give a crap about squad logos wink_o.gif.

If you dont like the squad logo then dont use it in the squad.xml, dont really get your problem mate.

Maybe we don't want the hockey helmets wink_o.gif

there arent the hocley helmets in his release and i bet he wont mod them in smile_o.gif

Hey Clavicula,

Any chance I can get a copy of your 82nd units? I was in 2nd Brigade a long time ago (going on 16 years now) and it would be great to have them.

Thanks

Hey Clavicula,

Any chance I can get a copy of your 82nd units?  I was in 2nd Brigade a long time ago (going on 16 years now) and it would be great to have them.

Thanks

Sure, I need to find a decent place to upload. Unzipped, it's over 100 megs because of the different models and textures. I also have quite a few combinations of guys with various tabs and RSSI and what-not.

Also, I want to write a pretty good readme with an overview of the 82nd's history. Even though I'm not, nor have never been in 82nd, I'm still stationed on Bragg and a paratrooper, and I want to represent our Airborne division as best as I can. I see the Desert Storm picture in your signature, and if you were there and want to PM me a bit about what the division did, please do so and I'll include it and a credit in the readme.

Also, again, does anyone know how to make entries in the Armoury? I want to make a little description for each soldier.

So, if anyone knows a good place to upload, I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow. Only problem is that they're using the older models and you can't use these squad logo things or whatever, and I have no intention of fixing that.

About the 3rd ID guys, I have all the uniform/IBA texture coupled to the model, I haven't done the molle gear yet, maybe later but I got caught up making a quick pack of 172nd Stryker Brigade for a campaign I'm messing with.

One other thing before I put out the 82nd guys. I'm using the pockets made by CameronMacdonald, and I want his permission before I put it out. I'm also using Frederf's acu vest and molle gear that he let me use quite awhile ago. So, when Cameron gets back to me I can start the process.

I'd certainly be interested in the 82nd and 172nd too if you're releasing! pistols.gif

172nd isn't finished yet, I need to make crewmembers for the Strykers...and I'd really love some desert Strykers, but I'm very much crap when it comes to Re-texing stuff. I can copy and paste, clone tool and what-not, but I have no idea how to make textures from nothing. Also, I need to look at the vehicle configs and figure out how to make crews, once I do that, I'll make some little decals on the Strykers like I've done in the past.

Quote[/b] ]Sure, I need to find a decent place to upload. Unzipped, it's over 100 megs because of the different models and textures. I also have quite a few combinations of guys with various tabs and RSSI and what-not.

I can certainly give you the space.  When you're ready just let me know.

Quote[/b] ]Also, I want to write a pretty good readme with an overview of the 82nd's history. Even though I'm not, nor have never been in 82nd, I'm still stationed on Bragg and a paratrooper, and I want to represent our Airborne division as best as I can. I see the Desert Storm picture in your signature, and if you were there and want to PM me a bit about what the division did, please do so and I'll include it and a credit in the readme.

By all means.  It'll take me some time due to work but anything you need I'll be more than happy to give you.

Quote[/b] ]Also, again, does anyone know how to make entries in the Armoury? I want to make a little description for each soldier.

So, if anyone knows a good place to upload, I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow. Only problem is that they're using the older models and you can't use these squad logo things or whatever, and I have no intention of fixing that.

About the 3rd ID guys, I have all the uniform/IBA texture coupled to the model, I haven't done the molle gear yet, maybe later but I got caught up making a quick pack of 172nd Stryker Brigade for a campaign I'm messing with.

One other thing before I put out the 82nd guys. I'm using the pockets made by CameronMacdonald, and I want his permission before I put it out. I'm also using Frederf's acu vest and molle gear that he let me use quite awhile ago. So, when Cameron gets back to me I can start the process.

Understood

I dont think I'll be able to get the library entries the way I want them, so I'm just going to write a small description of each unit in the readme. All I would like, really, is just a small paragraph or so of the Division's role in Desert Storm.

Can do. I'll have it to you first of next week...

Would that be alright?

Well, I ripped this off of wikipedia:

Quote[/b] ]

Seven months later the paratroopers were again called to war. Six days after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2,1990, the 82nd became the vanguard of the largest deployment of American troops since Vietnam as part of Operation Desert Shield. The first unit to deploy to Saudi Arabia was a task force including the division's 2nd Brigade. Soon after, the rest of the division followed. There, intensive training began in anticipation of fighting in the desert with the heavily armored Iraqi Army.

On January 16th, 1993, Operation Desert Storm began when Allied war planes attacked Iraqi targets. The ground war began almost six weeks later. On February 23, the vehicle-mounted 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers protected the XVIII Airborne Corps flank as fast-moving armor and mechanized units moved deep inside Iraq. A 2nd Brigade task force was attached to the 6th French Light Armored Division becoming the far left flank of the Corps. In the short 100-hour ground war, the 82nd drove deep into Iraq and captured thousands of Iraqi soldiers and tons of equipment, weapons, and ammunition. After the liberation of Kuwait, the 82nd began its redeployment back to Fort Bragg with most of the Division returning by the end of April.

Considering I was in the task force assigned with the French 6th Light (I was in D. Co. 1/325th)I would say it is an accurate statement.

All The Way Airborne!