Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

New Interview with BIS

Quote[/b] ]ArmA.si: Will damage model be improved, because now we see BMPs getting trashed by machinegunners due to hitpoint system? How hard would be for your team to implement a more realistic system in cases when player gets injured (bleeding, fading out)?

Maruk: Such changes are not currently planned and could not be only difficult to make but may also have serious impact on game play. There´s a large potential for community modifications in many areas and let´s see how far some of the community makers can go with the technology provided in ArmA.

Don't be so worried about it guys, he never specified which of the two very different questions he answered, and it looks a lot more like he was focusing on the 2nd (underlined) one with his response.

I was thinking about that too. I think that interviewers should learn to ask one question at a time so that we can know which question is being answered by the interviewee.

@Slugg:

You can already walk while shooting in the demo.

I was thinking about that too.  I think that interviewers should learn to ask one question at a time so that we can know which question is being answered by the interviewee.

They probably think they can get more questions in that way, but I agree that I'd prefer a few well answered questions than a bunch of barely related questions all thrown out together and asnwered with rushed and generalized responses. whistle.gif

In the interview i see Bis say "including an option to adjust or disable grass in video options. Does this mean we get to switch the grass off completely, and if so will it give use a much better FPS.

Yeah we will get the chance to turn grass totally off. And yeah you should gain some fps having the setting turned off.

Quote[/b] ]Also, there's nothing wrong with the setup in ArmA with moving and shooting as of v1.03. You can't hit crap if you're moving anyway, so being able to fire on the move isn't going to make any difference other than you getting killed more.

Sorry, you've missed the point. smile_o.gif The problem is that the fire button is only read once the move animation has completed. This means that if you marginally mistime the transition from moving to firing, you end up holding the fire button down with nothing happening after you've stopped. This is pretty rubbish for CQB.

*Edit* I'm referring to the behaviour in 1.02 (full game). Are you saying it is different in the demo ?

@DVD: i clicked on your signature and the MOD looks really nice!

hope bis improved arma as good as you did in that video wink_o.gif

yay.gif