Sign in to follow this  
fish44

ARMA &  anti aliasing with a radeon card

I anyone getting anti aliasing and antiosiotropic to work for them with a radeon card. What card and driver are u using

Thanks

Used to work fine here until i messed something up in my driver settings, now i have to alt-tab sometimes to get AA working, no problems with AF.

(If the ingame settings dont work try forcing them with your driver settings, however dont combine driver+game AA, it wont work wink_o.gif )

x1600XT@ omega 3.8.291 smile_o.gif

Yes use Catalyst Control panel and make sure that AA and AF are NOT forced off and are set to "Let Application Decide" then enable or disable AA AF ingame and it should work.

Hope it helps.

Yes use Catalyst Control panel and make sure that AA and AF are NOT forced off and are set to "Let Application Decide" then enable or disable AA AF ingame and it should work.

Hope it helps.

Thanks sure did.

Just set my AA and AF to correct setting in control panel ( x4 & x8), then checked the 'Application controlled' box for both. Then went into the game and selected AA and AF, both medium (i think).

And it runs fine now. (Boy does it take some horsepower to run, hope its better in final release).

The big problem is that in OFP I must force AA and AF in ATI control panel, in ArmA I must let them on "application controlled"

Since I still play both games, and since I still play many not so old games without AA settings embedded (thus I got to enable AA in control panel), I have to constantly switch AA in control panel to 4x/application controlled.

ArmA is the ONLY game I know that disables AA if it is forced in ATI control panel, and that's troublesome.

Please BIS, fix it!

AA and AF take a lot of horsepower to run no matter what game you're playing. ArmA just has a lot of edges to smooth!

AA and AF take a lot of horsepower to run no matter what game you're playing.  ArmA just has a lot of edges to smooth!

And a lot of pixels to shade........

Actually, ive just downloaded the recent demo patch, and applied it. Wow, its like it has been turbo charged. Now for me it is very playable. I like FPS, and all that lighting and shading comes no were near FPS in giving a sence of realism and game play. Im getting 35fps, in opening scens of coop mission. But ive got most settings set to low. Rifle movement much better, overall feel much more fluid.

One coment would like to see a 'bigger compass'. At 1440 x 900 the numerals are still not ledgible. Should be like the watch. Also how can i get the soldier to put the rifle on his shoulder.

The big problem is that in OFP I must force AA and AF in ATI control panel, in ArmA I must let them on "application controlled"

Since I still play both games, and since I still play many not so old games without AA settings embedded (thus I got to enable AA in control panel), I have to constantly switch AA in control panel to 4x/application controlled.

ArmA is the ONLY game I know that disables AA if it is forced in ATI control panel, and that's troublesome.

That is not a big problem at all if you use Ati Tray Tools, for example. Set up profiles for your games and tweak them to your hearts content. For ArmA I have AA/AF off in the profile, for OFP I have it on 6xAAA/16HQAF.

I have been using only the naked drivers + ATT for years now, I have neither the control panel nor the bloated CCC installed. Works like a charm!

....................I have neither the control panel nor the bloated CCC installed. Works like a charm!....................

Sounds like a plan