Sign in to follow this  
JBâ„¢

SASMOD:

@Mr Reality

I expect that like many mod/addon makers, they have their own ideas and ways of doing things and so just because they are making the same countries units and weapons, doesnt mean that they should make the same things look the same. I admit that combining "resources" as it were might be a good thing, freeing up more time for other things is a good idea, but i think addons are like art, some people see things in life different according to their interpretation

Bootneckofficer

Here is some quick work I did in preparation for the relevant tools being released.

It is only a simple retexture but it does give me a chance to look at how my DPM textures are coming on and how they will look ingame.

Thanks to Peanut for help with the hex-editing wink_o.gif

The temperate DPM was made by hand from scratch using my own gear as reference, the dessie DPM was found on my hard drive, source not known. This is just a make do until I take more ref pics of my dessie kit.

http://sasmod.ofpcentral.co.uk/forum_images/sasdpm_l.jpg

It is only a quick update but SASMOD will be going offline for a few weeks fro two reasons:

1 - my current host OFPCentral for one reason or another is no more, that means I cannot be hosted their. MunkD has been a fantastic host over the years and has supported me in all my little projects - cheers mate wink_o.gif

2- I am changing ISP`s at more or less the same time as OFPcentral goes down so I will not be in a postition to setup anywhere else for a few weeks.

I have tried to contact Editingman regarding hosting at OFPbase but that site is also down due to upgrading. If anyone has his em ail can they pass it on please (not his @ofpbase one)

If anyone knows of a similar hosting site please let me know so I can make contact before I lose my connection smile_o.gif

*EDIT*

HOST NOW FOUND - Thank to everyone who contacted me with hosting offers

Cheers smile_o.gif

I could temporarily host you until you get something more solid worked out with the news hosting sites.

Abs

Good pics JB. Sorry to hear about your site problems, hopefully you will be sorted soon. BTW roll the sleeves down on the SAS geezer or down to wrist length. They like to look ally LOL.

Good work m8 wink_o.gif

@ Chris, -SWAT- & abs

thanks for all the offers of hosting - it was a suprise so many people jumped to my rescue, by the community for the community eh - great effort guys wink_o.gif

Within an hour of me posting this, Armaholic came to my rescue and offerd some great hosting terms that I couldnt refuse. I accepted but didnt get chance to come back online and edit my original post as I have been busy reserve training.

I am now in the process of moving all my site and forums over to Armaholics server and hopefully it will be all setup over there before I lose my connection in a day or two.

Thanks again to everyone who posted or PM`d me with offers of hosting - it is appreciated. A big thanks to Armaholic and especialy el nino foxhound for getting to me so quickly

notworthy.gif

OK my last update before I proabably lose my connection.

Big thanks to everyone who offered me hosting - It was appreciated. Big thanks and appologies to Fox @ Armaholic.com

He set me up immeditately with space and all the info I needed to transfer my files across. I was in the process of doing this toady when I recieved an email from edgenetwork saying that my hosting has been moved to thier swerver and I am am no longer a sub host of OFPCentral. So, my site and forums are now in a new home I just need to change a few links to reflect the move and Im sorted. Sorry again for any time wasted at your end Fox.

the new SASMOD url is

http://sasmod.edgegaming.com

I will get around as much as I can before I lose my connection and let people know.

Thanks everyone.

Good to hear you got your site sorted!

Keep up the good work on the mod, im looking forward to it smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Update on SASMOD..

Over the last few months I have thought heavily about opening up the wide spectrum of possible projects that I would like to create in ArmA. I greatly enjoyed SASMOD, the work and especially the small band of (weird) follower's smile_o.gif but I feel there are things I would like to create that would not entirely fit under the SASMOD banner and therefore would be deemed as a waste of critical modeling time.

I also feel that I lost alot of potential team members due to the fact that not all who applied were willing to be 100% dedicated to creating SAS related addons. Many just wanted general modeling work and I couldn't give them it.

So, after some careful thought I have decided to gather all my past projects and put them under one umbrella. I have not stopped working on any projects so don't worry if their was something you were looking forward to seeing released, I am simply changing the name that the projects fall under.

Whilst looking for a way to render a particular model I was working on I came across the term Ambient Occlusion...

"Ambient occlusion, a shading method used in 3D computer graphics which helps add realism to local reflection models by taking into account attenuation of light due to occlusion."

Ambient Occlusion Studios is born.

I am now in the process of re-working an old project from UKF days and updating it in blender. My old unfinished FV432 Trojan will have a face lift and should hit the streets as a FV432 mkIII bulldog. The Accuracy International L96 Sniper Rifle from my UK Sniper Project will also get completely re-worked so too will many other little things I have been working on over the last few years.

I am also in the process of creating content for an upcoming terrain project based on a real world location, one of two terrain projects I have in the pipeline.

All in all I think its a wise move and should be future proof (and JB proof, as I change my mind more than my socks wink_o.gif )

You can visit the Ambient Occlusion Studios website HERE. You can also show your support by registering on the forums and letting me know you thoughts.

I will make an announcement and start a new thread for AOS related chat shortly

Thanks to all who made the SASMOD forums a great place to be, for all your support, encouragement and offers of help.

Hopefully I will see you on the AOS forums..

regards

JBâ„¢

*EDIT*

I would also quickly like to extend my thanks to Armaholic who are kindly hosting my site smile_o.gif

good luck with it fella

Quote[/b] ]FV432 mkIII bulldog

odd looking GPMG mount version, or the enforcer RWS version? Finding reference for the later has been like sticking your hand in a blender. Possibly amusing for a moment, but painful from there on after.

lol

getting reference for the bulldog hasn't been good at all for any version mate. As you know its all about the preparation so I am gathering what I can. Cant find much on the ECM equipment at all but thats to be expected I suppose. I was also gathering reference on the new supacat MWMIK but gave it up as a bad job for the minute smile_o.gif

It's the rear thats been bugging me mostly. Every picture is taken for the money shot, almost always exclusively showing the front left quarter looking down the side of the armour. Nothing else really that useful. There was a MoD video showing it a little better, if you enjoy stopping and starting a video every 2 seconds that is.

'At least' the base is the good old girl herself, and finding reference for that lump of metal is easy peasy.

ECM appears to be the same jobby as on everything at the moment, that strange looking T shape bolted onto the top and then a few dangly things hanging off the top. Couple of good pics of it recently on the MoD site on top of the warriors.

as for the MWMIK... hah, yes, I know what you mean. This might be useful though:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120754

it's the Danish SF version, and there are noticable differences, but perhaps close enough to at least get a kosher model sorted.

There are a couple of nice pics of the MWMIK in this month's Preview lads. Shows the layout of the back end pretty well:

http://www.mod.uk/NR...._07.pdf

Shame SASMOD didn't turn out as you imagined it JB, all the best in the future though mate.

Your Longline LSV's looking pretty sharp; reminds me of when I was but a lad and my dad burnt his fingerprints off at work, welding the plating to the bottom of one. biggrin_o.gif

*hugs da12th*

that's ace. I'd heard that they had shown off the MWMIKs to reporters and the such a week or so ago (actually heard it on Radio 1 over the internet here in DK), so was hoping for something to come of it

Messiah, da12thMonkey

thanks for those links lads, Ive scoured the t`internet for reference but missed these completely.

Cheers wink_o.gif