Sign in to follow this  
heyvern69

I want an MH-6 'Little Bird' !!! :-)

I think i have seen some models in the works of an HM-6. I am gonna look around and see if i can find the link

I was hoping to get something like that... I really dont like having to use a Blackhawk to move 4 guys....and I do that alot.....sooo..... ROCK ON!

Is BHD out on DVD in the US yet. Its not being shown in the UK any more and I was ready to see it today sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Mar. 05 2002,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is BHD out on DVD in the US yet. Its not being shown in the UK any more and I was ready to see it today sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not yet and probably won't be for a bit thanks to its Oscar nominations sad.gif

Yeah Black Hawk Down was a wicked film...unfortunately I missed the ending... biggrin.gif

Which come to think of it is actually kinda annoying mad.gif

Jubs

yeah BHD was great, they did mess up some things, so when i saw We Were Soldiers, it in my mind beat BHD by a little bit.

i can't wait to download the MH6 when it gets finished and done with oxygen or if it does

The little bird would be nice!

did some research and found out that it can have 2 pilots and 6 Troops two inside and four out side that would be nice number when you are going into a zone with 8 people and also it would be nice to see a little bird with 8 round rocket pod and a mini-gun on the sides for strafing! biggrin.gif

if you guys want to land on the roof and dont want to fall through just hover over it at about 1 foot and have the guys jump, i always jump out at that altitude when we are going into a hot lz to get away from the bullet magnet.

also they HAVE to let us fire weapons from it, imagine this you are sitting on the side and are moving super low and very very slow you look out and 50 meters away a russian is taking aim at you , pow your dead and you never had the chance to fight.

or you hover slowly at low altitude through the streets with Mgers sitting on the side benches shooting up the town

Oke basicly we want this...

1.Little bird with weapons

2.the option to lift ppl in and side way's from the copper.

3.new city maps as hot landing zones so we can play Black hawk down over and over again wink.gif

would be cool if they would make dersert/city maps for us.

Hmm lets get the moddelers world working on this

Because fase its we are not going to get it from BIS !!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mattmayhem @ Mar. 06 2002,16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also they HAVE to let us fire weapons from it, imagine this you are sitting on the side and are moving super low and very very slow you look out and 50 meters away a russian is taking aim at you , pow your dead and you never had the chance to fight.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn good point.

I think there were some modders that got it working.  If I remember, they had a screenshot of a US OFP soldier firing from moving vehicle (The back of a moving truck).  So we'd need that ability for the Little Bird too.  At LEAST for the soldiers on the side panels of the little bird.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frag Haus Capt Morgan @ Mar. 06 2002,22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Um that picture is a picture of a loche not a little gird. The little bird and loche all though similar.  In actualality are nothing alike.<span id='postcolor'>

Never heard of a "little gird". biggrin.gif

Since complex avionics, and a highly complex flight model, are fairly non-existant in the OFP world, I doubt there would be very much of difference between a "Loach" and a "Little Bird" in the game OFP. It would be about the same difference as a "Blackhawk" and a "Seahawk". Not much, as far as the game is concerned.

well i you want a simulated little bird look for DDAM Bird (yes i know i looks like OH 58 and yes i know that there aint a minigun on it BUT! it carrys 4 soldiers) you can find it here:

http://www.operation-flashpoint.dk/DK_addons.htm (site on danish but hey its a danish mod...) (cool mod by the way)

Yeah I have that addon, it's very nice. Still an MH-6 would be superb. Time for some begging to BIS I think.

could someone make another temporary addon like the following?:

-disarm the rocket pods of the oh-58 and allow 2 soldiers to sit on each

I'm just hoping that who-ever made that Little Bird pictured earlier in this thread, is contacting BIS and convincing them to let him use Oxygen to finish the mod.