Sign in to follow this  
icehollow

placing units/objects inside of buildings

wanted to create a room clearing training mission for the clan im in , but i don't know how to place units inside of buildings , such as the one you do in that campaign mission to snipe the officer.

help appreaciated notworthy.gif

thanks , but im looking to get the steel targets object into a building , do i go about that in the same way displayed in linked thread?

I think the way to get non-living objects in buildings are a little different.

Name the object in the name field.

then out something like this in the init field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname setpos [0,0,+5]

You can check the setpos command in the BIS wiki but I think this will work. The array is [x,y,z] (Z is setting the height from ground level).

Hope this helps smile_o.gif

guys , i'm really sorry but can someone make me a quick display mission , ive been trying for a while now to get these bloody targets into the building without them all being on the same floor and position but to no avail. sorry once again , but it seems every help thread i make i always seem to need a display mission to show me how to do it.

Hi!

Use this syntax:

this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 1)

Set the Unit direct to the house on the map and change the

number. You´ll see in preview that the soldier will stay

anywhere at or in the building.

this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 2)

this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 3)

Regards,

Mr-Murray

the quickest way is to place the target on the building , then type in the activation field the usual :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> this setPos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) + 0]

just tried it ,works perfect.

it also allows to place the object on the level of your choice.

well what im trying to do is create a training mission were yor squad starts about 2kms away from target area with a helicopter to transport you to roof then you are to clear all the rooms and floors in hotel....trying again

just did it , and yes thank you simba , it worked the best so far , but is there anyway i can like copy and past units? dont want to be up all night retyping the script into each unit. tounge2.gif

of course

copy --> CTRL C

paste--> CTRL V

like in windows biggrin_o.gif

yeah that was stupid of me , i quickly firgured it out after posting . anway , i managed to get placement of targets better . ill attach the mission , if someone could please improve it so i may learn from it? so far for test purposes ive set up player on roof and all targets are on 2nd floor i think.

http://www.ihud.com/file.ph....mis.rar

It might help if you added some objects to represent hostages.

Like a barrel-or real civilians

name them hostage1 - hostage 2 and so on

In a Trigger's condition field:

(damage hostage1) >.9

In Trigger's On Act. field:

Hint "You Shot a Hostage!!!"

Just a thought. Keep working on it.