Sign in to follow this  
Boomer1985

Arma Navy

some suggestions wink_o.gif

RoRo ships and gator freighters and amphibs would be very usefull to reinforce and strengthen combined arms formations (armored division XX)

Most of the Falklands ships including Ro-Ro's, amphibs, Destoryers, Light Carriers will either be rebuilt or converted for ArmA...

Also a few new ships such as Ocean and some older WW2 ships suitable for both raiding or NGS, (larger shisp iwll be statics currently, but smaller under 250ft will move!wink_o.gif

Yeah, but they will never be released biggrin_o.gif

some suggestions wink_o.gif

RoRo ships and gator freighters and amphibs would be very usefull to reinforce and strengthen combined arms formations (armored division XX)

Most of the Falklands ships including Ro-Ro's, amphibs, Destoryers, Light Carriers will either be rebuilt or converted for ArmA...

Also a few new ships such as Ocean and some older WW2 ships suitable for both raiding or NGS, (larger shisp iwll be statics currently, but smaller under 250ft will move!wink_o.gif

Yeah, but they will never be released biggrin_o.gif

You do know that a pack of Falklands ships was released for OFP?!

I don't think there is anyone in the community who would rather have some buggy shitty model released quickly rather than a detailed bug free addon that will obviously take time to complete.

Fast patrol hovercraft sound fun.

Quote[/b] ]I was thinking of fishermanships,some nice yacht like in baywatch and stuff, and oh oh you have got to put in a kanoe for nice camping tripes.

seriusly.

Bit like this one? (early trials!wink_o.gif

ARMA0003.jpg

ARMA0004.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, but they will never be released  biggrin_o.gif

Thankfully I wll be taking a very different approach than was taken with Falk, and it many ways much of the very hard work is already done, the research and the building of the models, although in a number of cases new models will be built due to much much better referance material (like actaul plans rather than just pics).

Release wont be quick but it wont be a matter of waiting for the whole lot before release, it will be one at time releases, with support being on-going.

I hope that within a couple of months of the proper tools I might be able to release the above motor yacht, which was based on the 'White Knight' from Virtual Sailor (it's also a real ship!wink_o.gif (it had multiple 10k's polys so was quicker to rebuild using that as a planning guide), new model now under 5k.

Most of Falks ships need new textures (due to to not being UV mapped etc) and also underwater hulls to be added (in fact some the latest models have had it built and cut off for the OFP versions, such as HMS Plymouth) My primary nation will be UK Both Reb and White ensigns.

Back on Boomers Topic..

I would vessels that often have a direct nvolvement wth land operations, either as a floating base or those used to get from that base to shore.  To be honest that can covere pretty much any type of naval vessel including the auxilleries as even these can be tasked to put peackeepers etc ashore, just think nice big Sacrementao tanker landing troops ashore by helicopter or launch's, or say a naval tug that just happens to be in the area.  I would say go for those that you can get good referance material for.

sweet yacht there! inlove.gif really suits Sahransi setting so damn fine. thumbs-up.gif looks almost like you can run up onboard the deck from the wood dock too.

Now thats a sweet looking yacht there matey! thumbs-up.gif

Thats exactly what this game needs anyway!

MORE SHIPS!!!! bring em in!

Im looking at doing a 'ST Diesel Tug'. So far I've collected a bunch of reference pics and a model I'd ordered arrived in the post about an hr ago.I thought it would make a good first boat to model, so its deffinately a way off yet

These sort of Tugs were made during WW2 in large numbers and used in Korea and Vietnam and can still be found in many harbours today.

Would love to see the MTB Skjold class, you can find facts about and more pictures here:

http://images.google.no/imgres?....rl=http

skjold-03.jpg

Another great addition for rapid insertion on land with special forces could be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Boat_90

at the end of this movie you see how fast it goes down in speed and are able to insert troops fast.

At the risk of using too much common sense, how about before somebody makes all this crap that we can't use for anything more than cutscenes (like SSBNs, SSNs, Aegis cruisers, etc) maybe everyone could benefit from the small stuff - fishing trawlers, tramp steamers, small tankers, small container ships, etc. that you'd actually see on a place like Sahrani?

Otherwise if you REALLY want combat ships, I'd think frigates, corvettes and amphibs would be best suited and most widely used in Arma. Take a clue from the Falklands team. They know what they're doing.

I agree. So many requests. Let's learn to walk before we start running eh icon_rolleyes.gif

Start with the small, simple, FUNCTIONAL things ArmA could use. Why would we want a Swedish stealth ship for example? (rhetorical question btw)

I have read several posts regarding interest in the Mark V SOC. Has anyone made a commitment to creating this craft? If not, I may consider making one for ARMA.

Rely nice yacht.

cant wait to hang with my hommies and somme nice chiqas in bikini. Is it possible to walk around on it like a building?

Iwill be opening a topic on for my own creations in te not to distant furture where questions such as that just posed wil be answered.

I think it wise to try to keep to Boomers original topic which was about what vessels you would like him to work on and also a request for textures and scripters to help.

just out of curiosity is there are small coast patrol boats worked on that are counter to the US RHIB with turrets boat? for the east and independent sides? smile_o.gif

What's your progress on these, can you release what you got finished? (lol i really want these and the desert marpat biggrin_o.gif )

I think,

fishing boats,

speed boats,

jet skis

and landing craft

would be most useful in a game like ArmA, especially considering that the focus is infantry combat and ships that can be used in combination with infantry operations would be best.

I wouldn't mind seing the Zubr monster though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr/Pomornik_%28LCAC%29

That's pretty cool! my bro told me about that and i didn't know what it looked like..... rofl.gif . But i want a big boat, could you imagine it in the Sea on Arma?

Orange tiny lift rafts for downed pilots! Maybe with a smoke grenade or dye launcher.

a much larger landing boat that can take a car or tank (light one like a stryker) on instead of people, or take people

Pretty sure he'll update when he has something to update with. mad_o.gif

Abs