Sign in to follow this  
tommo1968

Finishing first mission

Has anyone finished the first mission yet.

I have done the sniper in the water tower,and the blowing up the tanks but when i get into the 4x4 and get to the next battle to stop the enemy flanking it seems to go on and on and all i get told to do is wait.

I have even ran over the battlefield looking fo a soldier that has not been killed in case the trigger needs all of the enemy killed to finish,also i have sat for ages with the time on x4 hoping something will happen,but nothing does.

Has anyone had the same thing.

Oh and this is the German version with the latest patch.

Cheers

Paul.

This happened to me then I patched the game and redid the mission and it worked.

Meh, perhaps I'm simply worthless, but I have not managed to destroy these tanks in the first mission.

I mean, what the heck? "Destroy four tanks, and then find some secret documents. Don't take too long, because there are more soldiers nearby".

I'd say that I can do this. How many soldiers do I get, we'd need sufficient RPGs, silencers, and we'd attack at 02:00 am.

"No, no. You have to destroy 4 tanks, but only get three rockets and a bomb package. Attack at 08:30 (sunrise). You do not get silenced weapons, and of course you're on your own."

Hey, what am I? Rambo? Serious Sam? No, I'm dead. goodnight.gif

help.gif

Could anybody please tell me what to do? I mean, I'm not exactly a beginner. I creep up the hill, find a nice sniper position (no, I do not get a sniper rifle, but I have a steady hand), and see five opponents. I drop three - and they see me, and usually their second shot is a headshot and that's it...

I tried creeping around the hill. Dropped the sentry - and immediately everybody (including the gentlemen from the other camp) come towards me - no time for sneaking, and they are first class shooters.

Am I supposed to sneak into a tank, open fire at everything around me, drive the tank far away before bombing it, and then still run around somewhere, looking for documents? Sounds worse than some particularly dumb 007 movie...

Quote[/b] ]"No, no. You have to destroy 4 tanks, but only get three rockets and a bomb package. Attack at 08:30 (sunrise). You do not get silenced weapons, and of course you're on your own."

Head to one of the small camps roughly north east of your starting position (from memory). There are only a couple of guys at each fire and they are easy to put down without alerting anyone. At each camp fire there are plenty of satchel charges and other goodies that can be used to help you.

I never did find those secret documents mind....Anybody?

South from little camp, where you find the silenced AKS.

It's guarded by several mounted MG's, patrols and there's standing heli. You can't miss it.

I am that small camp looking for the documents but I can't find them. I've gone through every tent at the location but to no success. Can anybody point out where to look? I hope this isn't a triggering issue, as I haven't blown up the tanks yet.

The documents are near the helo under a camo netting, probably at the dead dudes there.

Ok thanks, but they aren't dead yet biggrin_o.gif

Guess I have to stop being Sam Fisher and be a little Rambo instead...

Just go straight to the north camp sneak in and take helo then destroy armour, no need to fire a shot with gun (unless you take the suppressed one by chopper and take out the 2 MG nests)

It gave me as objectives complete

Destroy armour

Documents

Steal Helo

Hi,

An alternative option is to sneak towards the Shilka that is placed to the north and place the satchel charge on it, then to crawl towards a high rise building to the east of the base, overlooking the target area. Then you go up the stairs, use the M136 to take out the 2 BMP's and the Shilka to the southwest and blow the satchel. Then climb down again, beware of a lone infantryman that might be running around near the exit of the building and crawl back to the boat or continue with the secondary objective of securing the documents and stealing the helicopter.

Regards,

Sander

tounge2.gif

very unrealistic mission. This was a bad intro to the campaign. It took around 30 attemps. Eventually, took out the 3 small camp fire bases around the helo pad. Then took out the guys around the helo pad its self. Took the helo, blew the tanks. Came back, spent about 30mins looking for the documents. Couldn't find them anywhere, even checked every body. Gave up, went to boat. Mission complete. Under mission success, it said I had collected the documents! God knows where?!

Think the Islands main export must be carrots, boy, can these guys see in the dark.

Oh put time on x4, went for a coffee, and started mission in the dark.

Good shooting.

This is all a bit odd to me guys

Quote[/b] ]very unrealistic mission. This was a bad intro to the campaign. It took around 30 attemps

Seriously 30 attempts  rofl.gif  i think you is telling porkies, this is quite similar to OFP SF missions and should be treated as such ie have a good scout around and plan ahead, not just go and blow up the first things you see and expect no one to mind biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh put time on x4, went for a coffee, and started mission in the dark.

Don't get this either as the mission starts in the dark for me (try adjusting brightness on your monitor nener.gif )

Best regards

Bootleg

the mission starts at last light on my game(dont know what that is? ask someone who has done some service.) The big give away is it gets slowly darker. checking settings sounds a bit technical for me, but I am quite sure they are ok.

Your mission too easy? Maybe you should take it off easy.

Keep your head down and kill anything that moves thumbs-up.gif

I must admit this was one I did only the main objective for. I guess I was warming up!

Anyway,

1. Attacked a small camp and killed two guards.

2. Obtained their rockets.

3. Moved to the hill in front of the main base.

4. Snuck down the hill to the left and took out the guard by a gate

5. Waited for the wandering guards to pass then attached my SC to the nearest bit of armour.

6. Snuck back up the hill and took aim on the guards in the base.

7. Started shooting them one at a time.

8. Blew up the SC at an opportune moment taking out some enemy.

9. Once all guards were dead entered the base and took out the remaining armour with rockets.

10. Got out of dodge.

Thinking about it now I should have jumped into the armour and taken the guards with that... doh!