Sign in to follow this  
Leedeth

AAR - Conquering The Town & Easter Egg

http://leedeth.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/aar-conquering-the-town/

This is an After-Action Review of a Coop mission, which took place in the afternoon of December 31, 2006. It could be said that this was a pre-new years celebration, because this was THE most intense mission I have ever played up to this point, in any game. It was three hours long.

We also came across a crazy Santa pic, hidden in a chimney. Easter egg anyone?

i dont know if its an easter egg or not, but if you go to the trash piles on the island map (the small one, i forgot what its called) go to the small trashed out/war torn town. you'll see magazine pages of something about madonna falling of a horse... with her pic on it.

dont know if tru or not, since i havent researched it.

hehe for some reason i have that exact same santa pic on my login at school.. had it for years and i never knew where it came from ^^

Quite a trip you had there, salutes.

You played it Three hours! My little kid and (nagging wink_o.gif ) wife don't give me even a hour and a half for coop... Yes i know i'm poor sucker, who's time is limited to SP only (because of pause possibilty) sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

i dont know if its an easter egg or not, but if you go to the trash piles on the island map (the small one, i forgot what its called) go to the small trashed out/war torn town. you'll see magazine pages of something about madonna falling of a horse... with her pic on it.

dont know if tru or not, since i havent researched it.

Could you be more specific? There's many towns on the island - a name would be best. I think the island map you're referring to is SaraLite.

go to ramhadi (?) (the small island to select out from the EDITOR)

its the only town on the map.

several trash piles around, but there is a pack of camel cigarettes (oviously renamed for reasons) but the image is the same

madonna falling of the horse.

and something a bout a "ban on pound of bananas" with a lady underneath wearing such sheer clothing you get a cheap nipple shot.

other stuff to go trash diggin for! nothing big, just interesting stuff

circled the ones i see the most stuff in, but there are other trash piles around

trashpiles.jpg

bananagirl.jpg

On Rahmadi (middle Eastern name if ever there was one)

there's also a Daily Express front page with the headline

"Free to Preach Hatred" and a pic of Abu Hamza Al-Masri:

raghead.jpg

and something a bout a "ban on pound of bananas"

The "ban on a pound of bananas" refers to an actual incident

in Britain when a man got into trouble for insisting on selling

fruit by the pound in his grocery shop (instead of in kilograms

in accordance with European Union directives).

another easter egg, although I can't really identify it

the face in the wall reminds me of either a painting by William Blake or some popular book/CD/game cover.

image1rn6pf3.jpg

does anyone know where it comes from?

I found it in Mafia Warz mission, the place where you go buy weapons. It's a burnt house looking really out of use

NB: Oh, and the car's name is funny too of course

Where can i download that mission you played?

download Mafia Warz by Big OFP Fanhere

this topic contains the longest list of easter eggs so far, so I continued posting in here

Looks like gollum.

What's up with your aspect ratio btw? Looks interesting

for the sake of clarity, I added an ArmA Easter Eggs page to the Wiki (credits have been given wherever possible)

please add new items or clarify existing items as you see fit and

read at your own risk!

Hi xpz

The mission is the multiplayer (MP) coop included with the demo. Just download the demo:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56170

There are plenty of people playing it. It is always better to play Coop with friends rather than strangers on a public server. Using com's such as Team Speak(TS) or Ventrilo or the ArmA included VOIP also helps a great deal.

The other thing is to actually have person in charge and to take 15 to 30 minutes to go through a plan of action in the map using markers. It adds a great deal to your survivability and enjoyment. That said plans tend to fall apart when the enemy starts interacting with them the key is to be flexible enough to cope with that and to use the plan when it works ditch it when it don't and most importantly come back to the plan when you can!

You can also play any MP mission as single player (SP) too by just hosting it on your own machine and setting it to local LAN.

Some missions play OK as single player some don't. The demo coop works well as an SP mission.

The Demo Capture The Flag(CTF) could theoretically be played SP on a dedicated server by using the Join in Progress(JIP) to control one side and have it assault the other, if doing this you might try handicapping one side with the number of units and set your self other goals such as defend one of the sand bag emplacements. The CTF makes a very good 2 player game as well if you don't like the crowds and enjoy tactical gaming and controlling squads.

Kind Regards Walker

Hi xpz

The mission is the multiplayer (MP) coop included with the demo. Just download the demo. There are plenty of people playing it. It is always better to play Coop with friends rather than strangers on a public server. Using coms such as TS or ventrilo or the ArmA included VOIP also helps a great deal.

The other thing is to actualy have person in charge

You can also play any MP mission as single player (SP) too by just hosting it on your own machine and setting it to local LAN.

Some missions play OK as single player some dont. The demo coop works well as an SP mission.

The Demo Capture The Flag(CTF) could theoreticly be played SP on a dedicated server by using the Join in Progress(JIP) to control one side and have it assault the other, if doing this you might try handicaping one side with the number of units and set your self other goals such as defend one of the sand bag emplacements. The CTF makes a very good 2 player game as well if you dont like the crowds and enjoy tactical gaming and controling squads.

Kind Regards Walker

Thanks for the reply. I don't know how i missed that it is a bundled mission in the demo. Must have been drunk or something. banghead.gif