Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F 1.0 Released!

UPDATE! 1.1 released! See below for download links.

It is with great pride (and exaustion! ) that I announce the release of our latest project, the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet:

fivewetsun_f18.jpg

This is one of the most complex projects we've done to date.

Features

- Advanced weapon system - Load AMRAAMs, Mk84s, AGM-65s, and more!

- Fully functional cockpit - see your equipped weapons on MFD, your aircraft status, and more!

- Classic randomized damage system based on AH-64A/D - Take damage and feel the consequences

As with our last releases, you can find an online manual here. Like the last ones, it's big! 56k beware. wink_o.gif

Where to get it? Well first -

Required addons JAM3, MAS Helipilots 1.2

Update: F/A-18E/F version 1.1 adds key based afterburners and GBU-12 + GBU-16 magazines for Mk82 and Mk83 launchers.

And the F/A-18E/F can be had here:

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet 1.1 (Be sure to read the readme.)

It comes with 7 missions - 5 singleplayer, and 2 multiplayer.

F/A-18E/F Squadrons 1: VFA-2 and VFA-27:

F/A-18E/F Squads v1 (Be sure to read the readme.)

Includes 1 basic mission, "Bombing Run".

Credits

Franze (modeling, texturing, config, scripts)

Hellfire (texturing, testing)

Nodunit (testing)

Additional Credits

- Missile warning and jamming modified from BAS and Diesel's scripts

- Map script modified from DKMM Mi-28

- Various scripting concepts and scripts modified from Col. Klink's scripts

- Afterburner and proximity missile scripts modified from Footmunch's Su-27

- Sounds taken from Jane's F-18

- RockofSL - corrected a very annoying bug with the cannon not firing from the right point

Testers

Shadow

Serclaes

Gedis

wolfbite

Panzergrenadier3

RicoADF

Special Thanks

To the addon makers who came before us and broke so many bounds and limitations. Here's to you, guys & gals!

fa18f_tarmac.jpg

fa18e_ah64d.jpg

Mirrors:

Mirror (1.01) from OFP.Info : DOWNLOAD F/A-18E/F 1.0 (fixed) from (FTP#1) [8,33 MB]

Mirror (1.1) from ofpc.de F/A-18E/F Super Hornet 1.1

Mirror (Squads v1) from ofpc.de

F/A-18E/F Squads

Wow i'm gonna downloadint this as soon as i get home tonight, didnt think youd release it for ofp TBCH

Regards HH

Congrat's on the release. Judging on what I saw from your AH-64, it's going to be one hell of an addon.

Edit: It is one hell of an addon!

glad to see these officialy released smile_o.gif

hehe, as usual, great job guys! thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

Probably the best Fixed wing aircraft addon out there.... just amazing notworthy.gif

Too much lag and some error message ("...fzaim.." and other paa)

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: This addon is VERY complex and requires a strong machine to run. Use the F/A-18s sparingly in missions (unless you use some of the switches detailed below) or you will experience lag.

@All

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks bro,....congratulations for other great addon.....community now we have a two great F/A-18........... yay.gifyay.gif

but we need to more... F/A-18C/D  smile_o.gif

Franze, if you have new projects on your mind, please give me a hint, maybe i'll help you with something or at least I'll try to whistle.gif

Excellent plane.. Flies like a dream. Thanks a lot F-18 team.

Any Chance for Napes ? biggrin_o.gif

Awesome work guys notworthy.gif

The weapon load menu almost made me cry out of pure joy inlove.gif

@Gedis

F/A-18A-D might come up later (much later), but we'll see about it. Right now it's about finishing up the remainder of what we've got rather than starting new projects. wink_o.gif

@Speckfire

Napalm might be added in the future, perhaps on a legacy Hornet model. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the mirrors Serclaes and ofpdeadeye!

i've benn playing a bit with them and they are just amazing , a piece of art notworthy.gif , i forgot to close the canopy before take off and it just flew away rofl.gif incredible, love the damage system , the detail of the canopy , the working MDF , i can't believe it notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

no lag or major problems in my compuer so far but just these two little issues :

this when starting the game in the presentation screen

1mg4.jpg

and this when i press the "e" key to accelerate in the runway to take off

2rs3.jpg

amazing work , thanks and congrats inlove.gif

Thanks for informing me of those bugs, a couple glitches that got through. Will fix ASAP. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Glitches fixed, new version is uploaded - you can use the same link from the first post.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the POV from the cockpit is a wee bit high? Just judging from the HUD.

The hardpoint models are getting switched up when you use the custom arming menu. The Maverick should have been on the second to last group of hardpoints instead of the second hardpoint from my custom selection. (Going from inner to outward).

I had a Maverick model stuck in between a pair of Mk-83's. I'd check out and verify that it's adding the correct loadouts for all variations.

Next time I'll get a screenshot of it. Right now I'm not at my home PC.

@Wonder

I don't think so, the real pilot's view over the dash is pretty close to what we have.

@havocsquad

Is this with the action menu or the GUI? In either case, one of the combinations slipped through. I don' know the exact amount of weapon combinations possible, but it's something in the realm of 78+ combinations. I tried to test as many of these as possible but I'm sure there were a few that slipped through.