Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands Christmas Present

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>Release!</span>  wow_o.gif

The Falklands Team and CBF Projects are proud to bring you a small Christmas present..

http://www.cbfasi.co.uk/downloads/FalklandsShipsV1.rar

Mirror 1 : (tks Tweak) http://www.jancornetwork.com/alex/FalklandsShipsV1.rar

This contains seven pbo's

FLK_ShpBaltic  

FLK_ShpNor

FLK_Elk

FLK_ShpAustin

FLKGuerrico

CBF_Port

CBF-DockTest

The first four are ships that served with the Falklands Task Force, 3 STUFT's (all from the same intial 1970's design) and an RFA.

The fifth is the famous corvette from the Argentinian South Georgia attack.

The last two are a dock section, and a small mini port using this dock section to allow for loading and unloading of two of the ships.

These latter two are NOT Falklands Work but my own, and have been done to add even more usablity to these ships.

There is also a simple mission using the basic map I knocked up showing how to use the ships with the new dock section

The map requires AG'S_Port 2.0 which is included as a rar

Images from the small placement mission

ShpRel01.jpg

ShpRel02.jpg

ShpRel03.jpg

Place these addons in a suitable addons folder, either the main one, the Resistance one or a mod one.

Please place the mission in your missions folder under your user name

The first four ships themselves can be found in the Groups Menu under Falklands - Mod

They are STATICS and will not move, this is to allow users to move around on them, although you will find that some areas are effectively off limits.

Th fifth ship however is a mobile ship and can be found in the main troops menu under Falklands - Naval

Features:

The ferries have accessable car decks, along with working stern ramps.

The RFA Fort Austin has the ability to refuel, re-arm and even repair at its pads.

All have Special visual affects when sections are damaged

All have scaled icons to allow for placement near docks etc.

ARA Guerrico is armed with a 100mm gun that has both Ground and Air usage..

To place items on the multipart ships use:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, abc]

Where abc is the height, the height varies according to the number of roadway's immediately below so even 1 section of a ship can have many different values, also depends which deck you want to be on

If you use the group placement these ships will not be targetable and cannot be named, however items placed on them can still be targeted.

These have been extensively tested but if you do find a fault or two please let us know, but do not ask for more features as time spent adding to these will take time away from the rest of this project.

The Falklands team are STILL working hard towards a release in 2007.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year

Fantastic! This is going to distract me from ArmA for quite some time!

Thanks for that Deadeye, just seen it on ofp.info....

thanks for great job falcklands team    notworthy.gif    notworthy.gif downloading now  

buon natale a tutti  xmas_o.gif              

This maybe off topic in a way, but GNAT are you still working on your OFP Navy???

Def offtopic, and he even has his own topic on these forums..

icon_rolleyes.gif .. Anyways, CBFASI!! Excellent work. It is much appreciated you breaking the silence with a christmas gift like this. Have a Great Holiday, to you and all of the Falklands Team!. xmas_o.gif

The Townsend Ferry dosent seem very Boardable Friendly.... I'll Drive up to the dock, set the ramp down and open the rear ramp on the townsend, I'l drive into to get on board and I cant.... Its like running into a wall. I can drive onto the other Ferry... Uh... Its the Blue one, I think its called the Elk or somthing like that. that one I can drive onto but the Townsend I cant drive onto confused_o.gif . Just heads up whistle.gif ... Anyway, Thanks for the Gift... Merry Christmas everyone

Thanks for that, I will check myself, might be a issue with geo lod names.. I will check Both the TT Ferries...

**** UPDATE ****

Will be uploading 1.1 soon, just found I had sections setup but named wrong...

This is what I get for fixing a geo lod issue that had gone unseen on the same day as I released!

To correct the faulty stern access please replace the old fils with the files in this link.

http://www.cbfasi.co.uk/downloads/FalklandsShipsFix.rar

OR if you haven't got the main file already the original from cbfasi web and tweaks and has now had the ships replaced too

Sorry CBFASI, I may have been mirroring, but have only just got around to trying it.

It's nice, the detail of the chains for the ferries really adds to it and they make nice eye candy.

Can't wait to see the rest of your stuff.