Sign in to follow this  
quibbly

how to Rapify .cpp to .bin

I'm working on a weapons mod for AA. I created the mod, new weapons, etc..., but I am unable to rapify config.cpp to config.bin.

What tool do I need.

Where can I get it at(link).

thanks,

Quibbly

You shouldn't have to rapify your config. I've derapped all the BIS configs so I can edit them without bothering to do the conversion.

However, I suggest you check out Mikero's Eliteness tool, it's the only one which can .cpp => .bin at the moment for Armed Assault, I think.

derapified content, just like ofp will work 'as is'. However, you are introducing an un-necessary engine load if you don't re-raPify the text, to say nothing of undetected bugs until it's too late sort of thing.

use this tool here http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools/eliteness2.08.rar

if you are using a kegetys decode of the original config.bin make sure to set the options appropriately in Eliteness because Kegs had no need to produce output suitable for re-binarising, i do.

I've derapped all the BIS configs so I can edit them without bothering to do the conversion.

Can you tell me how you derapped all the original .bin's ? I tried most of the tools but everytime i get a "not a valid raP file".  crazy_o.gif

Thx, PhunkMaZ

Edit: PBO Plugin for Total Commander was the problem. Mission accomplished! biggrin_o.gif

In Eliteness choose the config.bin open it up so its decoded, then save as config.cpp or config.txt.

I have eliteness, but it refuses to run. The .ddl is both in system32 and in the same dir as the executable.

Can someone please help me with this eliteness program? It crashes any time I try to run it. Kinda hard to change much when you can't change the c++ and header files back to a .bin

Can someone please help me with this eliteness program? It crashes any time I try to run it. Kinda hard to change much when you can't change the c++ and header files back to a .bin

Eliteness didn't work for me either. Just unRap the config.bin with kegetys tool...... http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/tools02122006.zip ........and edit your config.cpp

Then just move your orginal config.bin outside of that folder (I don't think it can be in a subfolder either) to some place safe and now the game will read that edited config.cpp as it would for the config.bin