Sign in to follow this  
-SoF-Max

Some Server Config commands?

Are there such commands? I don't remember them in OFP or OFP:R but most any multiplayer game has them.

If there isn't there needs to be from an administration point of view. If there is, I can't find them. The Biki is missing tons of stuff as far as server administration stands.

Also max players, I know this has to exsist as I see servers that don't have the default 65. But I can't find it either.

Thanks

The dedi server files has a document with adjustable settings.

Some admins have added a maps/missions to their server confg so it's allways idle with that particular maps/missions in it's rotation, which of course would have different player slots.

Some admins have added a maps/missions to their server confg so it's allways idle with that particular maps/missions in it's rotation, which of course would have different player slots.

I thank you very much for your answer that answered nothing of what I asked nor does that file as I have read it over and over.

I asked for Max Clients and Max Ping settings.

Max @ Dec. 22 2006,06:33)]

I thank you very much for your answer that answered nothing of what I asked nor does that file as I have read it over and over.

I asked for Max Clients and Max Ping settings.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">maxPlayers=**;

Just add that line to the config, and change the ** to whatever number of players you want.

As for max ping, I dont know of that command existing.

For some reason the server browser always shows a server as having an extra slot than whats in the server.cfg. For example, if I set the max players to 16 the browser reports the server having 17 slots. Does it have 16 or 17 slots? Or is this just some slight coding error that shows an extra slot when it isn't actually there?

i whole heartedly agree, the support for dedicated servers is pitifull as it stands.

the biki/wiki contains information that is misleading and in some cases (as far as i can see) just plain wrong.

BIS needs to spend some time providing server admins with the tools they need to run the servers thew way they want. Which would mean better run servers for the masses that play online.

RPT files, where's the damn net.log?huh.gif

i whole heartedly agree, the support for dedicated servers is pitifull as it stands.

the biki/wiki contains information that is misleading and in some cases (as far as i can see) just plain wrong.

BIS needs to spend some time providing server admins with the tools they need to run the servers thew way they want. Which would mean better run servers for the masses that play online.

RPT files, where's the damn net.log?huh.gif

Yes, well in OFP I was ok with it because I/we knew nothing else besides Unreal T.

But now, having served up and admined many of the most popular multiplayer games this is near pathetic.

Max Ping?

Net Log?

Ban from Console?

A real console?

Aye, banning people is the most annoying thing. I know no other new age game that needs you to physically edit a file on the server manually.

Shocking - it's one of those things that could just suggest that some things have been rushed and stupid omissions have taken place through laziness.

Only a small thing really, but still an annoyance as any admin who has had to ban spammers/idiots can testify.

Well, missed this on the wiki:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">disableVoN=1;

To get rid of the VoIP. But maybe I just didn't look goodenough on the wiki.