Sign in to follow this  
Mobious

AI Helicopters

I am trying to make a few missions and I havent been able to get AI transport helos to land and pick up player controled players... Anyone know how to do this? thanks

-Give the helicopter a load waypoint.

-Give the group a get in waypoint

-Select synchronise, and drag a line from the get in waypoint to the load waypoint.

Thanks that worked... Is there away to have the heli drop of say a sniper on a roof? I tried and couldnt get it to work..

I have another problem. SP works, but for example if I have a squad of human players in the heli controlled by Ai, WP transport unload isnt working. Heli is flying on the waypoint, stops at height of 40 meters and isnt landing. Same problem was in OFP:RES. Also this time, sometimes Ai chopper isnt unloading Ai squad. It only happends in MP.

Use invisible H to make it easier for pilot to land. In case you want to have a dropoff dynamic move the H via setpos/getpos during your mission.

thanks for the invisible H tip.

I made the chopper land using

Waypoint : Transport Unload

Combat Mode : Hold Fire, Engage at Will

Formation : No Change

Speed :Limited

Behaviour:Stealth

and in the On Act field I typed:

bh1 land "get out"

bh1 being the name of the Blackhawk helicopter unit.

My playable characters in the chopper have a seperate GET OUT waypoint, synchronized with the choppers Transport Unload waypoint

For my mission, the Chopper leaves the area after the squad disembarks on a beach, traveling to its Base waypoint.

during playtesting, the chopper was damaged enroute to the beach, and had great trouble landing due to tail rotor damage. It made five attempts to land, with all but the last spinning out of control. That pilot landed and the crew GOT OUT. They did not go to the next waypoint. lol . They might not have been smart, but they weren't crazy! rofl.gif

I was a player character riding in the chopper, and I was laughing watching the landing, and I was impressed that we did not crash.

I am trying to make a few missions and I havent been able to get AI transport helos to land and pick up player controled players... Anyone know how to do this? thanks

the best tip i can give u dowload a old vision of custom OPF EDITOR MANUAL in English or if u can german. i dont find any diffrence in the new ArmA editor. Soo i use a great german manual written by: Mr. Murray maybe there is a english version too? wink_o.gif

German:

http://files.filefront.com/Editing....fo.html

Actually I got the picking up of player control troops working.. Just need to try this invisible H thing...

hmm when i try to move the invisible h to my position using a radio trigger it wont do it sad_o.gif

heli domove getpos player moves the helo to my position (works)

h domove getpos player wont move a invisible h to my pos though.

anything i am mising ?

is there a way to stop the chopper, it is coming to my position, but screaming past me and off into the distance.