Sign in to follow this  
DDT

Is it worth it to dl this game

As the title says is it really worth it do download this game or should I buy it. I dont really care about a case or anything like that so I thought that this would be a way to go. My other question is can you do all the same things that you could with the disc version, like patch it to english and use mods and downloads etc. I know that these are dumb questions but I just dont know the answers. Thanks to all who help.

I downloaded it from morphicon before I recieved my german boxed version here in the US. I would recommend downloading it versus buying, as you don't have to have the DVD in-drive to play. Yes, you can do everything, patching, mods, etc with the downloaded as you can with the DVD version. I'd recommend downloading it, as opposed to purchasing the DVD.

olemiss, thanks very much. That is the info I needed. I just wasnt sure. I am a diehard ofp fan and hope that I become a arma fan also, time will tell. Thanks.

I downloaded the CZ version of the game from Sprocket, and I must say I'm very glad I did.  I do not regret it for a second....

So what are you waiting for....

sw, nothing now. I shouldnt have waited this long.

English Patchers Beware

Do not download the bloody thing! Purchase the CD/DVD German version if possible.

The downloadable version contains a certain copy protection system. This copy protection scheme utilizes a limited number of activation times. Thus, if you choose the download option and apply the English patch to whatever version you have, you're going to be shit out of luck when the next patch arrives.

You're going to have to reinstall the game every time you apply a patch. Your number of activations will diminish rather quickly, and you will be forced to contact the customer support of whatever source you chose in order to obtain a new serial number.

It's a pain in the ass.

English Patchers Beware

Do not download the bloody thing! Purchase the CD/DVD German version if possible.

The downloadable version contains a certain copy protection system. This copy protection scheme utilizes a limited number of activation times. Thus, if you choose the download option and apply the English patch to whatever version you have, you're going to be shit out of luck when the next patch arrives.

You're going to have to reinstall the game every time you apply a patch. Your number of activations will diminish rather quickly, and you will be forced to contact the customer support of whatever source you chose in order to obtain a new serial number.

It's a pain in the ass.

thats why the new verson of patcher have backup your file

i used those backup for update and it works

No, once you install it on your comp and register it it saves it to your registry so you can install and uninstall as many times as you like. You only register once per computer. YOu would only have to register again if you comp gets erased or reformated. YOu get three registers and if you need more you just email them and they give you another. Don't give out false info if you don't know. I would recommend downloading.

English Patchers Beware

It's a pain in the ass.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this is uninformed bullshit.

I have the Morphicon release and you basically get 3 activations per a certain amount of time.

The ONLY time you ever use up an activation is when you install the software on a different computer or after changing more than a certain number of hardware components.

Simply reinstalling a game DOES NOT USE THEM. Believe me, I reinstalled the game 4 times and the only time I had to use an activation is when I installed the game for the first time. All the other times it did not ask me.

And here is another thing - if you do use up all 3 activations, send your distributor an e-mail and they will gladly give you more activations.

EVIDENCE? Here it is - at the end of your order email:

Quote[/b] ]Important: If you modify your computer or you wish to install this game on another computer, you will need to renew your licence with the aid of your Serial Number. This number is unique to you. Do not give it out to anyone because, should they use it, you will not be able to reinstall or reactivate your game.

To prevent fraud you may activate your licence 3 times. If you need more licences, please contact the customer support department at support.vente@metaboli.com with your order number (xxxxx) and the email address you used when you purchased your game.

So please, please stop trying to create an issue when there is none. And please stop talking about something you obviously do not understand.

There is an easy solution to this dilemma. In the next patch that B.I. releases, they simply must include the English translations for all text in ArmA and a simple language selection box in the Control Options interface. With English--being widely considered the international language--this should not present a problem for ALL language versions of ArmA to have it as an option. It will save B.I. and the ArmA consumer base a lot of needless hassle. It sidesteps any copy protection blunders in pursuit of a read-able game, and the translations themselves have already been provided by this community; easy as "cut and paste" for B.I. If English is the gold-standard for all critical communications as officially adopted by Air Travel, Sea Travel, and the Internet, then it's good enough for ArmA too. Pro-activity is the order of success.

Use the pinned "To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?" thread for asking opinions of the game, we don't need 20 opinion threads please.