Sign in to follow this  
snakebyte85

Need of Single Mission...

In this forum there are only two single player mission and a campaign, and many many multiplayer missions.

Yes these coops are great biggrin_o.gif , but we need Single Player Missions too pistols.gif .

I think most of us finished the campaign (too short sad_o.gif ) so we need some beautiful mission, now you can use the Team Switching wink_o.gif

So I hope you hear me notworthy.gif

P.S. I know that some coops I can play them as Single player, but it'isnt the same thing confused_o.gif

The guys of AMS are currently working on two single missions and as I heared, one should be finished soon. There's also another campaign in work, however it will take a long time until it's finished wink_o.gif

And I'm working on my mission that was developed for OFP , unfortunately - release 2007

SP missions need more time but there will be some soon I guess.

German AMS (just in German!wink_o.gif

I´m working on single-player missions aswell and will transport some of my missions to Arma.

Just give us a bit more time. I want to make use of Arma´s new features and not just spread some rushed out missions just to be the first...

The guys of AMS are currently working on two single missions and as I heared, one should be finished soon. There's also another campaign in work, however it will take a long time until it's finished wink_o.gif

And I'm working on my mission that was developed for OFP , unfortunately - release 2007

SP missions need more time but there will be some soon I guess.

German AMS (just in German!wink_o.gif

Thats right M-E smile_o.gif

We are still working on different SP Missions for ArmA and also a Campaign for OFP, called Unexpected War (a afghan campaign with german army and KSK).

The SP and MP Mission are in germen and perhaps in english.

Visit us for more information and our upcoming projects wink_o.gif

Thanks a lot

Imutep

both my coop missions work in singleplayer,in fact all coops should work in singleplayer but some might not have a singleplayer briefing.just extract to your missions folder instead of mp mission folder.

you can play operation nova and the docks in singleplayer.

both my coop missions work in singleplayer,in fact all coops should work in singleplayer but some might not have a singleplayer briefing.just extract to your missions folder instead of mp mission folder.

you can play operation nova and the docks in singleplayer.

I hope we can use friendly AI in the co-op missions when we extract them to SP missions folder. Playing alone is not tactical at all and I would like to play with friendly bots. smile_o.gif

I don't really get it... For me the maths are simple:

Singleplayer Mission != working on Multiplayer, except when you convert it and if you add extra playable units

Multiplayer Mission == working in Singleplayer

So what's the preference? Yes, Multiplayer missions smile_o.gif

The thing is, there is a whole different scala of missions you can make... I personally like to make missions with not too big fancy stories, but good action, good location, good dynamics, much random factors and possible ways to complete.

Such mission is probably not what you are looking for, as it lacks the singleplayer -story- feeling, but that's me making missions... There are many mission makers and there's a lot out there that do like to make big stories, nice cutscenes etc. etc. and I would say... go make Multiplayer missions with SP Backward compatibility, and not just SP missions! smile_o.gif

Besides, I personally feel there is nothing better than playing a great mission, in coop with the best of yer mates smile_o.gif If you don't feel that way; I would say; try it in good company smile_o.gif

Singleplayer missions as I do them are much more sophisticated as multiplayer missions and as I put some limit to myself regarding missionsize for MP (yes, there are people with low bandwidth) I put a lot more effort and finesse into singleplayer missions as people choose to download it and accept a possible higher filesize.

Furthermore a lot of things that work great in singleplayer do not work good in multiplayer because of the server-client communications. Timing and traffic is an issue there.

A singleplayer mission with 150 AI´s is no problem when played local but it´s definately hardly playable via Internet. If a mission runs local only you have a higher potential of having things run exactly the way you want them to run.

This is what I got from 5 years of OFP editing, having done a lot of singleplayer and multiplayer missions.

I have stopped working on missions for Arma today. There are just too many bugs and flaws in Arma right now. sad_o.gif

Whenever I wanted to implement something pretty normal I ran into a bug.

It´s frustrating and sad.

As someone already bumped this topic, I'll take as a chance to plug my campaign. biggrin_o.gif It's a heavily story based single-player campaign with some undertones of "Lost". The first 'chapter' is about 6-7 missions, and I'm about just over half way finished with the third mission at the moment.

Should probably be ready just after Christmas if I find the time. smile_o.gif