Sign in to follow this  
11bhooah

Laser beams??

So I finally got the game running pretty good. I played a mission in the campaign with no problems. Then I moved on to the mission where you have to blow the bridge. And an old isssue popped back up. When I fire my weapon, or when weapons are firing at me, they look like damn laser beams. They are pretty big, and if I'm in an optical view makes the target, or view completely non-visible. If I'm out of an optical view, either in frist or third person the tracers look like they are firing about 2 feet above my head. Also when I move the reticle around a small box will flash where the reticle is supposed to be. It also comes up when I move the cursor over different tabs. Sometimes there will even be weird text that pops up briefly then dissappears when navigating the menu options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Specs

HP Pavillion dv8000t

Pentium T2600 dual core processor @ 2.16ghz

2 gigs ram

Nvidia GeForce go 7400, 512mb updated forceware version 84.54

Conexant high definition audio, driver updated to 3.23.0.0

Windows XP Home edition, completely updated

German ArmA version updated to 1.01, with english patch

DirectX 9.0c

I think few screnshots of that problem would be better than just description. Could you try snap some?

I think few screnshots of that problem would be better than just description. Could you try snap some?

I was unable to take a screen shot. When I alt tabbed out of the game to make sure it took. I was unable to open it. Since I'm using the -maxmem=1024 in my shortcut, it said I didn't have enough memory to open the program. When I closed ArmA, the screen shot was completely distorted.

To be more specific about the boxes around the reticle. If you drew a complete box, just big enough to fit around the reticle when not moving that is the size of it. What flashes on the screen looks exactly like tv fuzz. Same crap you get when theres no station on the tv. When navigating through the menu random text will pop behind the menu selections. From what I can see it's just letters, and maybe numbers saying or spelling nothing. The menu text is still visible, its just as though it's appearing behind it. Making the menu text transparent. Sorry about the screen shots, but I hope this helps. As I said in the first post, everything else seems fine now, just this one last problem. It only occurs after playing the game for about 10 to 15 minutes. Alt tabbing out does seem to help. Thanks again for all your help.

I was finally able to take a ss of the problem. Notice the text at the top. However getting a ss of the box around the reticle is more of an issue. It just happens too fast, and I have to push two buttons to take a ss. I'll post more as I get them. Thanks again.

adc.sized.jpg

Here is another shot of my map screen. Any ideas on this?? Thanks in advance...

add.sized.jpg

try to reinstall the game patch it with the official 1.01 patch and dont install the unnoficial language patch and see what happens wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

This is what I got in Doom 3 a couple of years ago when I tried to overclock my geforce 6600 too much. It could be related to overheating.

This is what I got in Doom 3 a couple of years ago when I tried to overclock my geforce 6600 too much. It could be related to overheating.

How would I be able to increase my output from my fan, or reduce the tempature of my cpu, or gpu? Thanks again, for all the help....

try to reinstall the game patch it with the official 1.01 patch and dont install the unnoficial language patch and see what happens wink_o.gif

I downloaded it from Metaboli, the updated version. So it was already patched. Should I try the re-install, run the patch on top of that and exclude the english patch? Or would that just be redundant? Thanks for your help...

I downloaded it from Metaboli, the updated version. So it was already patched. Should I try the re-install, run the patch on top

If you run the standalone patch over the download version you mess up the copy protection and it starts looking for the DVD so do not do that.

Sounds exactly like the kind of thing you would get on a dodgy card but in this day and age and especially with a GeForce card thats just inexcusable  crazy_o.gif

Hope this isn't the case and its just bad drivers, overheating or something you can fix

edit: Just noticed you have a HP computer, may god have mercy on your soul goodnight.gif

That's exactly what's happened to me. I thought I triggered what used to be called FADE in OFP, et cetera.  I was pretty angry, as I have a german physical copy, and a downloaded version from their website!  Also, when I use -nomap, the splash screen has weird glitches, the more i play, the higher on the screen they go.

Almost the same exact computer, and an 11B at that!

HP Pavillion dv8000t

Pentium T2300 dual core processor @ 1.66 ghz

1 gig ram

Nvidia GeForce go 7400, 512mb

Conexant high definition audio, driver updated to 3.23.0.0

Windows XP Media Center Edition, updated

German ArmA version updated to 1.01, with english patch

DirectX 9.0c

ArmA runs quite smooth on my not so smooth laptop, even at 1440 by 900, all on normal excep no AA, AF, or shadows.  The only problem are those strange graphical errors.

I have tried installing the DVD game itself, patched, unpatched, with or without the english patch, as well as the downloadable version, and this ALWAYS happens.

The screens above look just like the way my machine was performing about 12 months ago on my 6600GT. As you can see from my signature, I am still using the card, the problem being completely solved by sorting out the overheating problems. Extra fans, cleaning the exisiting fans of dust, ensuring that air can cleanly pass through the box by using smaller cables or tieing cables together. That sort of thing.

The thing is we are using laptops. Also, after those weird glitches, it will sometimes CTD and windows will appear in safemode, with 6 bit colors.