Sign in to follow this  
madpoo2

Help im going mad

Hi i have been on multiplayer survers that have lasor designator missions in, but how do i make my own i have tried everything and i can't find anything on the internet please help me. help.gif

Thanks

Matt banghead.giffirefoxlover.gif

what do you want to actually do with the laser designator?, as even in the editor you can tell for example a ai A10 with GBU to target a laser target and it will bomb the target.

I really want the lasor designator to do ANYTHING like using a bomber or making tanks shoot somewhere and stufff like that.

firefoxlover.gif

I think in the mapfact editor upgrade there is a set of laser target which are object which you can place on a map, which will allow you to get aircraft to shoot at them.

AI controlled Cobras and Apaches will fire their AGMs (not cannon or rockets) and Warthogs will drop LGBs (they won't use cannon or Mavericks) at a laser target. You don't need any waypoints, scripting or commands, the AI just needs to see the target and it will attack.

Tanks won't shoot laser targets, they don't even see them. You'll need some addon invisible armored targets or invisible infantry targets and some scripting for that.

If you have a player pilot using manual fire in a chopper with AI gunner, laser target can be used to guide the cannon. Player needs to lock LGBs on target or they'll just free fall. Mavericks won't lock on to laser.

You want to make a mission using the laser designator? Then you should probably be in the mission editing forum.

Moving smile_o.gif