Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Is BIS of to fix online lag

I know all games get lagg, but BIS said that they were looking at 100 players on one sever. So far i have seen about 20 players and horrible lagg. So is this going to change? What is it with the online play, are we waiting for some files or somthing.

Thats very precise information your giving there. Youve only narrowed it down to 10000000 possibilitys wink_o.gif

So far most of the servers running aren't dedicated servers, they'll be running of peoples home connections.

Once 'stable' dedicated software is available I'm sure some providers with decent bandwidth will start hosting large games.

SirKillAlot

Well I only hopped into an online game for bit last night and I definitely could hear my HDD constantly thrashing about.

I of course figured "Hey its trying to keep 400 Sq Km all in check and synched with the other players".

I have a "high end" system and a 20Mbit fibre optic line. I wasnt worried. BUT the person next to me in game may be on a midrange system, if Im thrashing about trying to keep the data flowing I can only imagine the strain it would put on lower systems trying to keep up with data flow.

While your thashing about the person next to you will only receive data about your position and will only need to render your animations and not what you are seeing.

If you are generating so much data that his internet connection can't keep up (or the servers with x amount of players), the player next to you, will see you warping about.

SirKillAlot

When the dedicated server is out then feedback will be more reliable.