Sign in to follow this  
Hammer Schultz

Shooting training course, bug or not?

Ok finally got german ArmA (thanks buyarma.com!wink_o.gif, patched and translated it to english (thanks 6th!wink_o.gif.

Ok so I go to the target practise mission. Default mouse settings are way too choppy so I move the mouse dead zone to minimum and it's "ok" (not perfect though).

Rifle - ok, passed it. Then SAW, passed it too.

Then comes the grenade launcher lane. I familiriaze myself (shoot few targets down) and when the qualifying starts, I get 'failed' all the time despite having shots left and having only missed only pair. The goal is to get 3 out of 6 pairs and you have 6 grenades so in theory you get to miss half of your grenades. I've never seen all 6 pairs to appear before getting the failed text despite having shots left and not taking too much time with each pair. Sometimes I don't see targets appear in a long time, then maybe 1 or 2 and boom, failed text comes to screen. I've gotten max 4 (2 out of 3 pairs) before failed text. It seems like the familirization and qualifying sessions are somehow bugged/mixed. I've tried this like 20 times and while not being a great shooter, I don't even get the chance to make it. Most of the time I fail with shots left!

Now what am I missing here? Some trick to complete this? Is there some sort of sequence you have to shoot the pairs (I'vent seen more than 1 pair up at the same time except during familirization).

Also what do you need to complete to get to the sniper training? Expert in all other weapons or something?

Afaik you only need a good score in the assault rifle training to be able to do the sniper training

I have a similar problem, tried the rifle quals several times, and always passed with 26 points and 4 rounds left in the mag.

Seems as if the range has a timer on it, and the random target pop-ups take longer than the overall timer.

And to get the sniper "training" you have to pass the Rifle quals with at least 24 (I think) to unlock the M24.

Quote[/b] ]I have a similar problem, tried the rifle quals several times, and always passed with 26 points and 4 rounds left in the mag.

Make sure you zoom in the sights on the range as some of the far targets only showed up for me when I zoomed in...and no, I haven´t set my viewdistance to 50 m´s wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And to get the sniper "training" you have to pass the Rifle quals with at least 24 (I think) to unlock the M24.

It´s not worth the try anyway. To solve the sniper training you have to hit a target behind sandbags with a single shot. I expected to get some effect of the 98 percent raing from training on the campaign, but nada.

Completed all others, including sniper but the grenade launcher training seems f'ed up somehow. Oh well, it's not like you get anything extra for that.

The GL has no sights anyway so it's all a bit sucky trying

to "qualify" with it. Until we get that "modded" I think I'll be

leaving hoying grenades about to the AI boys (they seem

pretty good at it too).

Nice to see the American 300m M16 qualification range in the

Flashpoint "universe", though!

pretty good at it too).

The M203 has a "BF2" style magic floating crosshair looks like:

_ _

||

- -

||

- -

||

- -

||

If you have crosshairs turn off you won't see anything since it doesn't have a 3D/ironsight mode. Same with grenades.

the mentioned "long time no targets seen" seems to be a bug" - i had this a few times on the first stand:after a while i realized that targets do appear on the other shooting lanes, which doesn't seem to be intended to me.

pretty good at it too).

The M203 has a "BF2" style magic floating crosshair looks like:

_   _

||

-  -

||

-  -

||

-  -

||

If you have crosshairs turn off you won't see anything since it doesn't have a 3D/ironsight mode. Same with grenades.

Nah, the "crosshair" was the first thing I switched off. What

d'you think this is ...Ghost Recon!?

lol faulkner, Or BF2 for that matter. Do you at least point with your non-throwing arm when throwing hand grenades?

lol faulkner, Or BF2 for that matter. Do you at least point with your non-throwing arm when throwing hand grenades?

No, because you are usually carrying a rifle in the other

hand. With the nooby "cursor" turned off there is no real

assistance with aiming thrown hand grenades. You just

need to get used to the "throwing physics" in the game,

but it only takes a little bit of practice for accuracy to

improve. I can now pretty much lob them where I want

them - and they do have quite a large blast radius.