Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

REGEX Template for OFP->ArmA Script Converting

I was thinking... as somethings changed in ArmA concerning scripting, it might be possible to create a few fancy regex search and replace strings for converting scripts automagicly to ArmA.

Despite the fact that certain scripts rely on features that are not present or different in ArmA, e.g. Animations, I think it would be very great if the hugest parts of most scripts can be turned into ArmA with the click of a button, the smaller things and other edits/additions can still be done manually of coarse...

I know some basic regex, but if I should name at least someone who is huge amounts better, it's WGL.Q smile_o.gif

Examples of the changes I'm talking about:

Code is now a distinct type, code must be put in between brackets {}, and may not reside anymore in quotes " " = string, except when the string is called with: compile string

As such, strings may also not be written in between brackets {} anymore smile_o.gif

As such while, foreach, hint, call etc. must be rewritten in cases where the editor used " " where {} are needed in ArmA and visa versa.

Afaik Q is already working on something like that. wink_o.gif

Lol you gotto be kidding me smile_o.gif Gonna get him on my MSN asap lol

do I have to type

this flyinheight {20};

instead of

this flyinheight "20";

now?

because 2nd one doesn't work anymore and pops up a message that ; is missing or so !?

it's also wrong in mr-murrays editing book sad_o.gif

edit:

got damnit I have to be blind, it's correct in the editing book by mr-murray! smile_o.gif

do I have to type  

this flyinheight {20};

instead of  

this flyinheight "20";

now?

because 2nd one doesn't work anymore and pops up a message that ; is missing or so !?

it's also wrong in mr-murrays editing book  sad_o.gif

Weird you get these questions from (well)known & respected modmakers from OFP, you would've guessed they understood R-T-F-M pistols.gif  whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/flyInHeight

---

Little update on the project itself... It seems Q is getting further and further and I've did a few tests with the replacer and it wasn't perfect yet but most definatly this will kick butt very soon! smile_o.gif

Already got DAC & KI v2 running!! Still need to debug certain aspects as replace certain voices like "RUS15" etc and some moves, but the first mission is already ready based on it smile_o.gif

(Altough DAC v2 etc will be kicking butt of coarse when it gets released, I feel that having DAC v1 in ArmA is already a great step ahead and a nice temporary solution until Silola finishes his master piece biggrin_o.gif)

Already got DAC & KI v2 running!! Still need to debug certain aspects as replace certain voices like "RUS15" etc and some moves, but the first mission is already ready based on it smile_o.gif

AWESOME DOOD. yay.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Sickboy,

true mod-addon-maker ye, but not scripter biggrin_o.gif

I'm not very familiar with c++ and stuff, making my way through it and try to understand things. and from ofp I knew that it was this flyinheight "20"; ...so I thought it would be the same in ArmA but now I know better biggrin_o.gif

ye that project sounds really cool, looking forward to it thumbs-up.gif

Sickboy,

true mod-addon-maker ye, but not scripter  biggrin_o.gif

I'm not very familiar with c++ and stuff, making my way through it and try to understand things. and from ofp I knew that it was this flyinheight "20"; ...so I thought it would be the same in ArmA but now I know better  biggrin_o.gif

ye that project sounds really cool, looking forward to it  thumbs-up.gif

No biggy m8, was more or less joking about the fact that you didn't look it up at the WiKi... good first stop for everyone with such questions tounge2.gif

Anyway, hope to see some productions from ye soon!

heh ye the wiki, forgot to look into it, have to get used to that we have a wiki for ArmA smile_o.gif

dunno if you have seen my pictures in photography topic, there you see the pmcs I started working on yesterday!

They are far from perfect but I give my best smile_o.gif

sry for OT whistle.gif

hi smile_o.gif

a nice idea to convert the old scripts for Arma thumbs-up.gif

Simple script projects can be converted thereby certainly well.

For the DAC, this kind of conversion is not sufficient.

Some Scripts must be changed ... sqs --> sqf.

The complete part of the unit creator must be rewritten.

Also the waypoint generation and the unit reduction,

which makes sense also in Arma.

For the moment I develop the "XCam Light".

This console helps me to have the DAC units under control wink_o.gif

It will cost some more time, until DAC is really finished.

sorry, but I would like that the DAC optimally functioned.

bye

silola

hi  smile_o.gif

Hey Silola,

I fully agree with you. But there is one tiny little problem...

I Deny to make missions without DAC, you just made SUCH a great product... I truelly won't make missions without it, simple as that... so I had a choice... Convert your current work, or wait months (don't get me wrong, I very much understand why it takes long and that it is much work, really!! ), so I choose for the "1.5" solution lol...

Everything is already working, incl the ai creator (the new format of createunit of arma rox.. but you can still use old fashioned aswell! ), waypoints etc. etc. Even the KI2 expansion works fine except a couple of things.

I used the regex converter, and then I went manually debugging every single part, took me nearly 12 hours to get it working (near)properly with KI2 smile_o.gif

I agree that DAC V2, fully written for ArmA, will both feature more and make better usage of the (new) functions in ArmA etc. etc. And I truelly can't wait for your masterpiece (in every sence) smile_o.gif

btw Any ETA on Xcam Light? biggrin_o.gif Are you going to make it also possible to use it as a spectator script after death, or just mission debugging again?

Quote[/b] ]Dunno if you have seen my pictures in photography topic, there you see the pmcs I started working on yesterday!

They are far from perfect but I give my best smile_o.gif

Did'nt check it yet, so frigging busy on all fronts lol, I love it, but it doesn't allow time for looking at photo-topics etc.