Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Dolores Sidemission 2

Sorry for not being able to give the english mission name here, depo´ed the campaign to have a look but the stringtable is missing the english names.

I´m talking about the one where you´ve got to blow up a convoy driving through Geraldo to prevent it from building a base.

Now i´m wondering how the heck you would accomplish this task with only one Satchel and 2 or 3 M136´AT4 Missiles? confused_o.gif

There are 2 BMP´s, one UAZ and at least 4-6 Trucks driving in loose column formation, no chance to get them all in one bang.

Is it really supposed to be like that?

PS: Looked around the city, all cars, and insertion boat for spare ammo but there is none.

---------------------------------------------------------------

arma_campaigntrouble.jpg

doh ... thanx Bals!

<span id='ME'><center>Mr Burns goes away in shame whistle.gif</center></span>

Ok, there was something in the map named "hidden weapons" - I completely forgot that.

I let the leading BMP pass, blew up the satchel little bit down the road as the first truck was passing it.

Then blew up 2 trucks with AT4, ran back to the boat, fetched two more at4 and blew up the last two trucks.

Guys can someone help me please ? I have just started Delores and put the satchell charges down, then i run for cover behind the building and a couple of secs. later, some guy says hang on there are still more troops....how long must i wait for the "flash flash flash" signal ?

Seems very long.

Thanks

Guys can someone help me please ? I have just started Delores and put the satchell charges down, then i run for cover behind the building and a couple of secs. later, some guy says hang on there are still more troops....how long must i wait for the "flash flash flash" signal ?

Seems very long.

Thanks

You must stay in cover another 2-3 minutes. biggrin_o.gif Flash, Flash, Flash will be, when last truck will go through the bridge.

Wow been waiting for long. Must one also wait for the troops to come through the water ? I am waiting by the ammo crates is this correct ? Thanks so much

No...

the "Flash,Flash,Flash" order come very quickly(3 min. i guess).

I blew the Bridge to pieces with one BMP2 on it...

i killed the Troops when they were sitting in the 2 BMP2's and the Ural Truck...

with 1 shot of M136 each...

easy...

then i shot each of the 3 T72's with 2 shots of M136 Rocketlauncher...

had to kill some surviving T72 Crew Members...

and then i move to the other Bridge...

where the UAZ with Dschk is waiting...

send it to hell...

and thats it...

then i have to go to the "dunno" Platoon...

get in a Humvee...

and...guess what???

Mission accomplished^^

in less than 20 min.

Have a nice one!!!

I must be stupid, i get out the humvee, immidiately run and lay the charges under the bridge then immidiately run to the next marker where the ammo crates are and sit and wait on the marker for about 10 minutes, i watch tanks go by and troops on the other side but i never get the command "flash...flash". huh.gif??

Once you get the Satchels set correctly (which is a Pain under water) you will get the Objective Completed message on the screen... Then just run to cover asap... You will get the message in a few minutes to hold on and then the "flash flash flash "...

Just make sure to stand in the clear cause once the bridge blows they will Lock onto ya... Amazing what a little explosion will do..

Ahh it finally worked, smile_o.gif thanks guys

sad_o.gif:(

I swear i am gonna pull my hair out. Please can someone help me?

I put the satchel charges down again as i got killed and the same damn thing happens. Only now, the clever AI drives his tank into the water and blows up. I waited 20 minutes and gues what? No "flash....."

Here is a pic of where i am hiding.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6562/stupidaiid4.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2756/stupidai2rp6.jpg

Please guys i need your help.

Thanks

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

It´s unfortunally another bug with ArAs. Sometimes parts of the first convoi don´t make it over the bridge and get stuck in the water. If that´s the case the mission is screwed as the 2nd convoi will not come.

I played this mission quite often as the magic "seetrough-knows-all" AI wasted it for me a couple of times. 1 in 3 tries the first convoi didn´t make it over the bridge and parts of it got stuck in the water.

Just make sure the first convoi makes it over the bridge, then the second convoi should be no prob. I don´t even put the charges underwater, it´s sufficient to put them under the bridge-rest. Just make sure you put all 5 there.

Thanks so much for the reply. Jeeez its so irritating, waiting and watching these AI's messing around there and then after waiting for like 20 minutes nothing happens.

pistols.gif I think i am gonna get my real guns and go shoot something smile_o.gif

i didnt't find that ammo either, though i was checking the pickup several times - on the other hand all ammo crates and vehicles seem a bit too position-sensitive when considered to give options of usage.

^

Once you get out of the Humvee;..switch to satchels.

Got nothing else yet.

Run down to the bridge and swim to the first support

and just press 'fire' (5x)

This will drop the satchels in the water.

Swim out and get to your ammo crate.

Save here.

Await 3 tanks crossing the bridge;..if they dont make it, reload

your game. If they still dont make it after 3rd try, restart

the mission from scratch. Not much happened yet anyways.

~3 mins after the 3 tanks there will be the second part of the convoy.

Shortly before the last vehicle (the truck) crosses the bridge,

there will be the 'Flash' message...if you cant hear it(soundproblems),

you should at least see it in text at bottom

of screen. In any case, once the truck is on the bridge, blow it.

If after said 3 mins no vehicle is showing up, the mission

(AI pathfinding) is screwed.

-

You still can make another attempt, slightly weired, but try it.

Reduce *all* your settings to the absolut possible minimum.

800x600, all other settings to 'Lowest'

Try the mission again.

If after this the second part of convoy makes it and you can

blow up the bridge then, reset your settings to normal.

Its worth a try.