Sign in to follow this  
jasono

Dedicated Server Software

I have the Morphicon Downloaded version and have obviously activated it on my main PC..

I have installed it on the PC I want to use as a server and tried to run it with the -server suffix.. Now, its coming up asking me to activate it... Im pretty sure it won't let me..

what do you think?

#C

I have the Morphicon Downloaded version and have obviously activated it on my main PC..

I have installed it on the PC I want to use as a server and tried to run it with the -server suffix.. Now, its coming up asking me to activate it... Im pretty sure it won't let me..

what do you think?

#C

i think the "downloaded game" alternative sucks. there are always security implementation who make patch longer to come than standard version.

i prefer wait until my box reach my mailbox .

Is it allowed to post the German 1.01 ArmA.exe file from a non downloaded game - So I can get a server up and running?

Dont know if that would make a difference to Activation - IF I only want to use it as a ArmA SERVER.

#C

Ok finall result..you are all right no you cannot host a 1.01 server using the legal downloaded version from Germany. I spend a good few hours trying to get it to work but it wouldnt have any of it :-(

No, my friend has a dedi server up using the downloaded morphicon version, but its very unstable. Which I believe is pretty widespread.

_2Lt_Griff @ Dec. 03 2006,13:19)]Ok finall result..you are all right no you cannot host a 1.01 server using the legal downloaded version from Germany. I spend a good few hours trying to get it to work but it wouldnt have any of it :-(

It runs fine @ SES Server and others.

For all ppl with trouble check: Forum Thread, Especially my last post.

u may wanan check out this

Any screenshots, info, readme's etc. before we install this? smile_o.gif

Just see your thread. Nice easy tool for beginners smile_o.gif

Nice idea!

You might wanna link to your thread though instead of directly to the ClickOn Application.

I have The Rifles Arm A server running nice and smooth.

Question however - my server cfg works fine. But I was wondering how do I increase the the difficulty settings through my server.cfg?

Anyone know what to add on to the end of the server.cfg

I tried using the programs above but they didn't seem to work.

_2Lt_Griff @ Dec. 05 2006,19:27)]I have The Rifles Arm A server running nice and smooth.

Question however - my server cfg works fine. But I was wondering how do I increase the the difficulty settings through my server.cfg?

Anyone know what to add on to the end of the server.cfg

I tried using the programs above but they didn't seem to work.

On the server you will find "C:\Documents and Settings\server\My Documents\ArmA" or something similar on yours...

Open "server.ARMAPROFILE" in there you will find all the "class Difficulties"

Hope this helps

Of course they will release standalone server software. They stated that ArmA is made primary for MP gaming, so it would just be nonsense and wouldn't make any sense if they don't.

Would be a waste of time optimizing the engine for MP, and then leave out many of the game server companies that require dedi server .exe for them to have the game in their bundle.

If they made this primary for MP gaming why is Multiplay so crap and laggy. So far my online experience has been that crap that i have stopped playing the game untill another patch or sever files are released. I read somwhere Bis talking about 100 players on one server at one time, is that still realistic.

Of course they will release standalone server software. They stated that ArmA is made primary for MP gaming, so it would just be nonsense and wouldn't make any sense if they don't.

Would be a waste of time optimizing the engine for MP, and then leave out many of the game server companies that require dedi server .exe for them to have the game in their bundle.

If they made this primary for MP gaming why is Multiplay so crap and laggy. So far my online experience has been that crap that i have stopped playing the game untill another patch or sever files are released. I read somwhere Bis talking about 100 players on one server at one time, is that still realistic.

I totally agree.

I've not been able to have one proper multiplayer game yet, it feels like banging my head against a very hard brick wall..

Dedicated Server Beta available:

ArmA Win32 Dedicated Server Beta, Public Betaversion 1.01.5099

Win32 Dedicated Server Beta 1.01.5099

==============================

Public Dedicated Server Betaversion for ArmA is available from

Bohemia Interactive's ftp server

See included rtf file for more information, the usage is similar to Operation Flashpoint servers.

The server should be compatible with all language versions of ArmA.

I'll close this and start a new thread