Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu's EditorUpdate Released!

Sickboy, you definetly have a better overview than me of what a new update would have as implications (or the work input it would require).

I am only talking for myself and I often used to create missions and intros by creating new environments. As you know a tree or a stone can have a lot of impact on the battlefield. And for a movie it is even more useful. Instead of having to search entire Sahrani for the right composition of stones and trees I could just create it myself. But I guess you know yourself whether the effort is worth the outcome. Anyway, great work already and I realy love the addon. And to show you that I already tried most of it: there are some minor texture errors (texture cant be loaded) on some buildings. But that doesnt matter at all.

Hi, and thanks to Sickboy for all his efforts.

Just wondering if anybody is getting CTD's with any of the buildings in the adddon?

I,m getting some and one 100% of the time with the very last entry "zluty_statek_in".

I am on XP - 1.05 with no other addons - this is happening on an empty map on flat ground.

Arkon

Just wondering if anybody is getting CTD's with any of the buildings in the adddon?

I,m getting some and one 100% of the time with the very last entry "zluty_statek_in".

I am on XP - 1.05 with no other addons - this is happening on an empty map on flat ground.

Arkon

I've had no other reports so far, I'll have a look into it soon, altough I probably have to exclude the building as it's probably a bis bug in the building itself but let's see wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sickboy, you definetly have a better overview than me of what a new update would have as implications (or the work input it would require).
I guess I won't be needing to make the additional editorupdate anymore smile_o.gif)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59830

Yeah, I've got some CTDs with various buildings too (YES, I actually individually placed EVERY one of them ...)

This is the list I've got ...

benzina

domek_radnic

Domek_sedy

domek_zluty

dum_patr_nizky_prujezd

HANGAR

jizak_test

molo_drevo_krychle

molo_drevo_krychle2

sara_domek_patr_nizk_prujezd

townhall

zluty_statek_in

brana_krat_1_7

And, the 'skola' model is missing a texture for the steps (gives you a pop-up error, but runs)

Don't know if it is machine specific, but my guess is that they are missing "ruins" models as a couple of them I couldn't find a duplicate in the #RUINS directory.

Hope it helps.

Arkon

I've had no other reports so far, I'll have a look into it soon, altough I probably have to exclude the building as it's probably a bis bug in the building itself but let's see wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sickboy, you definetly have a better overview than me of what a new update would have as implications (or the work input it would require).
I guess I won't be needing to make the additional editorupdate anymore smile_o.gif)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59830

thats ashame that two persons work on a project simutaneously. He should have announced that something is in progress.

Beta: Thanks for the report, I will exclude them from the EditorUpdate in the future.

thats ashame that two persons work on a project simutaneously. He should have announced that something is in progress.

It's a pitty I didn't know about it thats true, but my EditorUpdate Compared to theirs is very "lite" aswell as easy and quick to make smile_o.gif

Theirs is way more complete and they have put a lot more hard work in than me smile_o.gif

I can recommend their EditorUpdate to everyone who needs the additional functionality, as mine was simply a 'Snack' while theirs is the 4-Star Meal smile_o.gif

This is good, but the "objects" themselves are still lacking. Is there an objects pack for ArmA with additional objects? Like new fences, control towers, etc...?

This is good, but the "objects" themselves are still lacking. Is there an objects pack for ArmA with additional objects? Like new fences, control towers, etc...?

I guess that's MAPFact.net's Area ^^ smile_o.gif

I guess that's MAPFact.net's Area ^^ smile_o.gif

How in particular?

Oh right. So nothing of the sort is out yet for ArmA.

Nope, but also check the other EditorUpdate by LowFly, I think they got some other objects etc

question ..

if i use the editor in pbo form will others need to have the addon or is it the same as patch ?

question ..

if i use the editor in pbo form will others need to have the addon or is it the same as patch ?

Nope others do not need to have the editorupdate, thats the whole idea behind the mod smile_o.gif Have fun m8 thumbs-up.gif, and hope to see many of your great missions man, loved your work for OFP! notworthy.gif

Hi Sickboy,

Are you referring to the EditorUpdate by LowFly/ as well as your own when you say

that it does not require others to have the addon?

Thanks

Arkon

Hi Sickboy,

Are you referring to the EditorUpdate by LowFly/ as well as your own when you say

that it does not require others to have the addon?

Thanks

Arkon

I was of coarse referring to my own EditorUpdate biggrin_o.gif. The whole idea behind this EditorUpdate was to be able to use objects that are already in the game available, just not visible in the Editor.

LowFly's Addon is required on all computers that use objects from it. But compared to mine, it is way more complete and contains a lot more functionality.

I'm curious about the SLX features I see in the editor. I see SLX Soldiers and 'Draggin wounded' listed under units not gamelogic and I don't see either implemented when I fire them up in the editor. huh.gif

I'm curious about the SLX features I see in the editor. I see SLX Soldiers and 'Draggin wounded' listed under units not gamelogic and I don't see either implemented when I fire them up in the editor. huh.gif

Wrong thread m8.. xmas_o.gif

Wrong thread m8..  xmas_o.gif

OOOPS!

Sorry bro. I saw SLX GL3 in your readme and then saw these items listen in my editor I just assumed they came in with your mod which I just installed.

OOOPS!

Sorry bro. I saw SLX GL3 in your readme and then saw these items listen in my editor I just assumed they came in with your mod which I just installed.

Yes m8, so still wrong thread ^^

This is my EditorUpdate Thread. Follow This link to my Mod

Anyway. I have no idea yet what they are, but its possible that the models are simply disabled because of incompatibility with ArmA