Sign in to follow this  
T.S.C.Plage

Mapfact.net releases An-12 pack

Hello,

after a long time of absence I finally found the time to finish a project I had on my harddrive for a longer time. It's a pack of five Antonov 12 cargoplanes. The model and the grey texture are originally made by the "Bloody Days Mod (BDM)" and was released at OFP.info a long time ago with the permission for others to finish it because the mod unfortunately "died".

an12s.jpg

The pack contains five versions of the An-12 (three real and two fictious paintings) which are...

- An-12 Redstar (east)

- An-12 CCCP (east)

- An-12 FIA (resistance)

- An-12 Aeroflot (civil)

- An-12 United Nogovan (civil)

The pack perfectly fits to the "Mapfact.net DC-3 Pack" which is also needed to make this addon work.

You can download the addon via Mapfact.net (just check the news) or by clicking the links below.

An-12 Pack (6.24 MB .rar) -> needs: DC-3 Pack (30,37 MB .zip)

And just to mention it. Mapfact.net has also released a couple of other interesting addons (some of them are unfinished but work fine) on their side.

I also want to mention that I'm not a member of the Mapfact-Team but they were so friendly to release it on their side. Thanks!

Greetz

Plage

Most excellent thanks for the hard work

Lovely job! I've seen these all over the world - Asmara, Kuwait, Ostend, whereever - and always hoped I'd be able to incorporate it into my OFP worlds. Downloading now - wonder if there's a "wreck" model in the works to emulate most of the Cubs I've walked around...

I'm sorry but there's no "wreck" included or planed! I also want to mention that the addon is surely not a high quality one but it's of course good enough to "fill up" an airfield and fly around with it. wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

Freakin Freckin AWESOME AS F!

Ive been waiting for these planes for so long now. These will be great fun to play arround with im sure.

thanks!

Man i've waited for an An-12 for soooo long! Finally all the pieces are in place and I can make some realistic soviet missions. Thx a million! Great work notworthy.gif

This was totally suprise to me, thanks very much for this nice plane. thumbs-up.gif

can i ask, on that picture the textures on the plane are near perfect, but ingame there blured? sad_o.gif

HALLELUJAH!! notworthy.gifyay.gif

I've been waiting for an AN-12 for sooo long and I've expressed this on so many occasions! M4s, AKs and speshul f0rces begone!

I have to say, I'm disappointed that the DC-3 Pack is required (it's a 30mb d/l) confused_o.gif

So if I understand correctly, the DC-3 pack is required, just for the pilot? Seems a bit 'wasteful', considering the amount of better suited pilots available ( RHS, Nashe Oruzhiye (military pilots, as the DC-3 pilot is a civilian model)

Anyway, I've played about with these in the editor, and I've found that basically, this looks like a retexture of the BDM AN-12, and that's all. The cockpit is still a badly stretched texture (only the 'dashboard' [dunno what the correct aviation term is for this] has this stretched texture, the rest of the cockpit is untextured), there are no functioning instruments, not even an artificial horizon, the flight model feels too light for an aircraft of this type, but from the outside, looks good...

/EDIT:

I don't know if this is an addon feature or if it's because I'm running the SLX mod, but I like how when I down one, instead of just tumbling to the ground like normal aircraft in BIS, the AN-12 spins down to earth. Also, is there no destroyed model? I found an upside down, slightly greyed AN-12 that I'd downed, but it didn't look destroyed (although still pretty cool)

Hi!

Great! Now we have a plane for soviet/russian airborne operations! smile_o.gif    

Thanks!  thumbs-up.gif

Also, it's a shame that you can't load a vehicle. Perhaps you should change that picture you posted of a UAZ being loaded, as it's a bit misleading tounge2.gif

I drove slowly towards the ramp, bounced around, and died when I tried crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Great Addon, the only bug I could find was that the ramp on the civie ones is untextured.

Now, if only I could teach the AI to fly properly tounge2.gif

Looking good, nice to see a Nogova version, the life on Nogova is certanly getting bigger and bigger smile_o.gif

Great Addon, the only bug I could find was that the ramp on the civie ones is untextured.

Now, if only I could teach the AI to fly properly  tounge2.gif

I found that none of the ramps are textured, and that the interior textures are just exterior textures on the inside... Well, these are good for AI or cutscene use, but the lack of a cockpit makes them unsuitable for human use...

Well i for one dont care about the no tex in the cockpit etc, becasue i am using them in my missions and not taking pics of them nener.gif

Well i for one dont care about the no tex in the cockpit etc, becasue i am using them in my missions and not taking pics of them  nener.gif

That's exactly my point... They're good to look at, thanks to the good external textures, but from a pilot's point of view, they're pretty much useless, as the cockpit is completely devoid of any instrumentation, most importantly an artificial horizon, which even the BIS A-10 has...

@ Matt Rochelle:

The screenshots are of course a little reworked. That's why I mentioned that it's not a high quality addon.

@ Shashman:

Yes, you're right...it's just the pilot. I didn't wanted to include it in this pack because the pilot is taken 1 to 1 from Martin's aka MTY's DC-3 and I didn't wanted to have it "doubled".

Of course it's a retextured BDM An-12. Didn't you read what I've written in the first post?

Concerning the cockpit you're right, too. I didn't changed anything at it because it simply would have taken too much time to do so.

I had to make a compromise in the "flight model". If I would have left it like it was you would have needed half a map to make a 180° turn. The old settings also made it impossible to use the taxiways correctly (turning) that's why I decided to tweak it. In my opinion it's a good compromise for OFP. If you want real flying abilities you should play MS FlightSim not OFP because there you always have to make compromises to make it fit the game.

As already mentioned there's no "wreck" model. I'm not a 3D-artist so this is simply not possible for me.

Is there any plane in OFP where you can load vehicles and fly with them? I don't think so. I'm sorry if the screenshot is a bit misleading.

@ D@ve:

Yes, I know but that's simply because the guys from BDM have used the texture twice. It's used for the "bowl" of the gunnerposition in the rear and for the ramps so I had to do it like this. The ramps are not untextured in the civilversion they're simply white like the "bowl".

For any other complaints please take a number...click.

No, I'm just joking. wink_o.gif I'm always open for contructive criticism and any questions.

Greetz

Plage