Sign in to follow this  
zyklone

Dedicated Server Crashes

Is anyone else who's running an Arma dedicated server seeing unusually frequent crashes?

Mine seems to currently crash atleast once per day which is much worse than the OFP dedicated server.

(The arma.exe is crashing, not the server itself.)

Is anyone else who's running an Arma dedicated server seeing unusually frequent crashes?

Mine seems to currently crash atleast once per day which is much worse than the OFP dedicated server.

I'm running an ArmA Dedicated Server, for 1 week now... my arma.exe process crashed once, just after starting up... This is under Vista PRE-RTM (build 5840). Have been playing coop with generally 3-5 players, and max 7 for now...

So my best guess is.... check ur CPU & Memory stability smile_o.gif

CPU, try prime95 on benchmark mode (torture test)

MEM, try memtest86+, and run it for 12 hours straight to check stability. (Usually test 5+8 are marked as good stability testers)

I'm running an ArmA Dedicated Server, for 1 week now... my arma.exe process crashed once, just after starting up... This is under Vista PRE-RTM (build 5840). Have been playing coop with generally 3-5 players, and max 7 for now...

So my best guess is.... check ur CPU & Memory stability smile_o.gif

CPU, try prime95 on benchmark mode (torture test)

MEM, try memtest86+, and run it for 12 hours straight to check stability. (Usually test 5+8 are marked as good stability testers)

Well, it's unfortunately not the hardware.

I suspect it's because I'm running a public server. Very many connects and disconnects...

Well, it's unfortunately not the hardware.

I suspect it's because I'm running a public server. Very many connects and disconnects...

Got a point there smile_o.gif I will post more info when we can run our colocated ArmA servers

Are you guys running a dedicated server on the machine you are playing on or a dedicated box?

Has anyone rented a dedicated box from some host with a good connection to run a server yet?

Are you guys running a dedicated server on the machine you are playing on or a dedicated box?

Has anyone rented a dedicated box from some host with a good connection to run a server yet?

I was running a dedicated server at home, without playing the game on the same machine.

Now we are running 2 dedicated servers on 2 colocated servers, but they are privately owned by us and just hosted in The Netherlands at redbus.com and we-dare.com

I don't think there are hosting companies who host ArmA yet due to the need of the dvd in the server for now smile_o.gif

But I guess we're going offtopic smile_o.gif

Over at SES we are pretty sure the server crashes have been down to user-made missions. There seems to be some secret we havent yet worked out. The BIS missions are very stable, try running just the original missions and see if you still have a problem.

We have purchased a slimline DVD for our rack-mount backbone sever, should be up in a few days.

Also check firewall configuration, one of our servers could not connect to port 80 (http) to the outside, this server seems to crash way way way more often than the other one ... (Probably with trying to contact the squad url etc...)

Also check firewall configuration, one of our servers could not connect to port 80 (http) to the outside, this server seems to crash way way way more often than the other one ... (Probably with trying to contact the squad url etc...)

Awww, OFP linux had issues with HTTP port too, looks very similar sad_o.gif

The crashes of my server has magically stopped.

Possible it was some player with a bad xml that was causing it..

In which case I suggest you simply prevent your server to open HTTP connections.

Sure, no clan tag, etc....

But, when I had this issue on OFP Linux dedicated, before patch, it made the server stable