Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

OFP doesnt have to be war

Full speed towards the ramp, fly over 3 5t trucks and through a series of explosions. wow.gif

TJOOO.jpg

TJOOOO.jpg

I've also made a Malden rally mission, and hide & seek smile.gif

Great show, BTW. The explosions really perfects the jump! biggrin.gif

Please edit your pics to make them less than 100kb, there's no reason for pics to be over 200kb, thanx smile.gif

Ok I will do that next time.

The ramp is just fake, its a bunch of training3´s :-)

And the car jumps with setpos, looks cool though, and gets the adrenaline pumping biggrin.gif

WKK Gimbal can you plz send your missions to me so I can try them?

InqWiper@hotmail.com

The only problem with my mission is that the "jump" trigger doesnt allways activate or activates too late so I crash into the ramp. I make the jump and live about 3/10 of the jumps

:-P(those 2 pictures weren´t taken in the same jump, and I died in both of them :-)).

Maybe thats something they could fix in a patch.

tjoooo.gif

Put this in a script that is executed at the start and your player or car shouldn't die smile.gif Just make sure to name the guy YourPlayer and the car YourVehicle or rename them here smile.gif

-------------------cut here---------------------

#start

?(getdammage YourVehicle > 0.1): YourVehicle setdammage 0

?(getdammage YourPlayer > 0.1): YourPlayer setdammage 0

~0.01

goto "start"

-------------------cut here---------------------

:p That looks like fun, but what I would like is a single player racing mission from a starting point to the finish, where every car starts at the same time or in rally fashion against a clock...where a winner is declared after the race!!

Has anyone made a mission like that, or could it be made??

Thx armourdave smile.gif.

The reason I died was because the trigger was activated too soon this time and I landed on the trucks smile.gif.

Try making some triggers that will show text counting down from 10-0, then U will see that sometimes the numbers come closer together and sometimes further.

I was thinking about making a race on malden but I havent got any great ideas yet, WWK Gimbal said he had made one so I was hoping on getting his version smile.gif.

That second shot is just about perfect.  

Add some subtle motion streaks and bring out the color a little more, and then repost it as a wallpaper in 1024x768!

Fikalaker:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tounge.gif That looks like fun, but what I would like is a single player racing mission from a starting point to the finish, where every car starts at the same time or in rally fashion against a clock...where a winner is declared after the race!!

Has anyone made a mission like that, or could it be made?? <span id='postcolor'>

I'm quite sure it could be made. While I don't know the specifics of how to write scripts or anything, I'm sure you could do it by giving the jeeps a waypoint to the finish at which they should head for at full speed. Put the ending trigger and then put all ending waypoints for all the jeeps/cars on that trigger. When the trigger is tripped, it should ask what specific unit (by name) crossed it, and use that result to put into a trigger that actives a camera of some sort and a scripted message on the screen using the unit's name ("You Win, unitname!" for example).

Multiplayer would be a lot easier to do. In fact, there is a map somewhat like this called Hunters, where the West get in cars and jeeps at base and try to get across the island before the East players hunt them down in Hinds. It's a lot of fun from either perspective. I managed to outrun the Hinds and win the race as West, and smoke a few people with rockets all over the road as East. It's hilarious watching little guys in cars race down the road from up high, then watching your missle blow their car 30 feet into the air.