Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

ArmA config.bin conversion tool released

This is small tool I wrote that can convert config.bin format used in ArmA and OFP: Elite to human readable config.cpp. It has been tested extensively with Xbox version which should use same config.bin format but until amazon.de delivers my own ArmA, I can't guarantee ArmA will accept resulting files - they look valid to me however smile_o.gif.

Mod writers might find this tool useful to take a sneak peek at config file structure since there is no official commented config out yet. I know there are few tools that can open ArmA config.bin out already, but this one comes with full source code for those that might want to customize it to their needs.

http://jarkko.ip.fi/armaunbin_v10.zip

(btw mods, is there going to be ArmA-specific modding forum section or should we just post this stuff to OFP ones in future?)

thanks a lot feersum! thumbs-up.gif

the source is very helpful for future automated conversion in our build systems - thanks again smile_o.gif

the source is very helpful for future automated conversion in our build systems - thanks again smile_o.gif

Note that it does conversion from .bin to .cpp, not other way around which modmakers would probably want for build system smile_o.gif Though it will most likely help if you are going to write your own .cpp to .bin converter.

The tool man strikes again.. Nice to see that you continue the tradition. This will indeed come useful for many here.

The tool man strikes again.. Nice to see that you continue the tradition. This will indeed come useful for many here.

Amen to that, Feer's tools have been possibly the handiest (other than the obvious pbo tools tounge2.gif ) for addon work.

Much props and thanks Feer biggrin_o.gif

great! and the banana ( yay.gif ) icon makes it the perfect tool smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Now can someone who has ArmA upload the config.cpp so the soon-to-be-modders can have a look?

Nice job on the files!

What I need is a CLI depbo/makepbo derapify/rapify tool, that can be called by parameters, so it can be used in batch processing pbo and bin files. I know they exist for OFP, but I am having a hard time finding them for ArmA/Elite.

If anyone knows any, or wants to make it, etc. etc. it would be very valuable in editing ArmA smile_o.gif