Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Watche and Compass

How do you create a custom watch or compass, then install it into OFP?

I searched: found naff all.

Well I did search, and I couldnt think where the heck something like this would go (Well, where would it go?)

We all gotta start somewhere folks.

If you dont ask (After searching and finding nothing), you dont get.

Well all of the models and textures for them are in the DTA\Data and Data3d PBOs, so it's a simple task of replacing the proper files. But don't ask me which ones, I have no idea.

Thanks guys.

PS. RHS rules (Exept for deciding to use facestex and having Kyle on the team) tounge2.gif

Thanks guys.

PS. RHS rules (Exept for deciding to use facestex and having Kyle on the team) tounge2.gif

This is the thanks I get for trying to take your side on the facestex AND getting all the scripting done? Not to mention having to face Comrade Dictator Shadow NX...

sad_o.gif

I guess you don't want the addons in the next planned release.

wow_o.gif Off topic!

Lol, Im just kidding. As you know.

Anyways, back on topic: If i did manage to make them and change them would I be able to play MP with them?

Lol, Im just kidding. As you know.

Anyways, back on topic: If i did manage to make them and change them would I be able to play MP with them?

Da, as long as Mr. Config.bin is not changed the server could care less. wink_o.gif

I asked about the custom watches almost a year ago. I got some great feedback and reference, but I couldn't figure out how to add the watch and dropped it. I heard there was a Mickey Mouse watch somewhere..

Make a mod folder with a copy of the original file res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo (so it's @urmod\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo) and put the modified files in it. You can also put the textures in that data3d.pbo, like data3d\compasstextures and data3d\watchtextures folders so they're easier to make (only have to pack one pbo for in-game test) and easier to modify later.

If you have a skypack that has a data3d.pbo make the modifications there.

If you're only modifying the textures, I'd still do it this way because data3d.pbo is a smaller file than data.pbo where the original textures are. (change path to textures in the model.p3d to data3d\modeltxt\ with O2 and copy the modded textures there)

You could also use separate pbos but then you'd have to use a modified bin\config.cpp and that might be a problem if you play on public servers since they'd have no way of knowing what you modified in it.