Sign in to follow this  
Lepardi

1944 game

This has no business being in this forum. I smell lockathon.

I don't even know if its pertinent to off topic...

I don't even know why you are posting this considering ArmA is depicting modern warfare and that game is depicting WW2 events that have already occured.

EDIT: It looks "Ok"

Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum.. i was just wondering because there isn't a competetor for bis games.

LOL. Yes, the font and colour of their wish list is very nice. And the micro-detail of the textures of their weapons is nice too, but it's not really a place you want to burn all of your gpu runtime. All in all, it looks like another lofty FPS that's going to burn out like STALKER. Hopefully they know what they're doing... from what they've written so far, your guess is as good as mine. I could have written that document in 10 minutes.

There's a thread about that game in the off-topic board already.

I personally think it looks like a great upcoming game, but find it hard to believe that they'll fit everything they've promised in there. So take the hype with a pinch of salt. smile_o.gif

I doubt it would come close. Games like soldner were supposed to be competitors, but fell way short.

There is no such thing as a challenger for Armed Assault.

agree.

there are no game with the level of Armed Assault.

This thread will be closed soon. smile_o.gif

Now now... no need to get arrogant you BISinites. While I agree ArmA will be great, we can't simply say that "nothing will rival it." However, this is in the wrong forum so that will probably lead to a move and perhaps a lock, depending on what kind of day Placebo has had... tounge2.gif

- dRb

The big difference between Armed Assault and 1944 is that ArmA actually exists, is gold, and will be coming out soon.

1944, until proven otherwise, is basically vaporware with a STAGGERING amount of likely-to-be-unrealized hype.

In short, no, I don't believe 1944 is a competitor. I don't believe 1944 will be out anytime soon, if ever.

Some random guys without real prior experience getting together and making a game that no other real developer team could dream of? Yeah right.

Search before posting please.

Use the existing thread in OT.