Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS release 4

I am just wondering why isnt the ASVK-KORD sniper rifle in the pack because as far as i remember there was only the SVD Dragunov an old 1960's sniper rifle with minimal capablities compared to the ASVK-KORD (not the HMG but the special sniper rifle) ?

The SVD is there as its still the main sniper rifle issued by Russian forces, simple as that. And if you bothered to read the readme there is another sniper rifle in the back though I am not sure it is the rifle you mention. Stop questioning the team but every little thing they didnt include we now have a large selection of russian units and it is MORE than enough. RHS deserve a pat on the back for their work and people need to stop buggint them about weapons and tanks were not included. Main reason being they do not form the bulk of the current russian army. /rantoff

Just checked the readme for the omon and the weapons and it doesnt seem to be listed there.

Yea I just noticed it a second ago but Im not sure if they are the same sniper rifle for the russians call it the ASVK-KORD and im pretty sure the spetnaz and MVD use the V94. I think its the same though (10mm armor penetration here I come :P)

Btw lets say I wanna give a soldier the V94 what init do i use ?

Quote[/b] ]removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "RHS_5RD_127_Mag"; this addmagazine "RHS_5RD_127_Mag"; this addmagazine "RHS_5RD_127_Mag"; this addmagazine "RHS_5RD_127_Mag"; this addweapon "RHS_V94"

thanks does this work for example for some addons (like ORCS kord which is static mounted so that i can move with the kord without being statically emplaced ?)

btw the proper designation for the V-94 is now the OSV-96

worldguns.ru quote

Quote[/b] ]The OSV-96 12.7mm sniper rifle began its life during early 1990s as V-94. Designed and developed at famous KBP (Instrument Design Bureau) in Tula. During following years rifle incorporated several improvements, and was eventually re-designated as OSV-96. It is offered for export and local buyers, and apparently is used in small numbers by MVD troops in Chechnya.

rofl I just noticed that again when I played the game. Its a sick rifle but I just dont understand howcome it cant penetrate the armor of a simple american 5ton truck in the game ?

Probably because OFP is five years old and has never included a proper armour penetration scheme in the engine.

OMG a certain person annoys me highly here ... stop that smartass stuff please.

And if i read one more "omg why isnt the vladivostok vsg-87b-xyz" in the pack i go berzerk!

The OSV-96 ( that and only that is its name ) is the weapon of choice afaik and not the KSVK etc.

On a sidenote i read a story from chechnya where they killed a chechen officer in his uaz from like 1500meters away... jaw was left from the head. wow_o.gif

If we make the weapon as strong as it would be you could go and hunt tanks with it and that was unwanted, lets see how ArmA handles this...

I was thinking of maybe at least it being able to pierce light apcs etc... I went hunting hummers with the osv-96 and it couldnt even pierce it why is this (killed the people inside though smile_o.gif) ?

I was thinking of maybe at least it being able to pierce light apcs etc... I went hunting hummers with the osv-96 and it couldnt even pierce it why is this (killed the people inside though smile_o.gif) ?
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Probably because OFP is five years old and has never included a proper armour penetration scheme in the engine.</span>

Try reading the rest of the thread next time wink_o.gif

would there be a way to implement a proper armor penetration scheme ?

ShadowNX Udarnaya Sila - snipersky akkord -zveroboy episode has the info on the KSVK if you wanna check it out with its nice footage of chechnaya ...

No... OFP limits

See Deadmeat post right directly above yours

Universal...I read some stuff earlier when you opened RHS request topic.Obviously RHS is NOT taking any new requests.

I assume they only want to hear bug reports and feedback on the released addons.And will only release a bug-fix if needed on the addons they have released.

The only addons released are listed plainly

Looks like the only way to increase the amount of damage the OSV 96 does is to increase the hit in config.cpp and this is as far as i can get with the limitations of the engine. Gotta try vit's ksvk first though :P