Sign in to follow this  
linx310

What do you think the Demo should have to best....

I don't need any missions in the demo, just give the editor with a few units on both sides & I'm sure it will keep me busy until full release. tounge2.gif

I'm seriously hoping that the demo will at least contian enough map coverage to really express a sense of the massive world, as well as some vehicles and at least one or two air units. My reasoning for this is that I'm really counting on the demo to sell the game to a friend of mine who never played Operation: Flashpoint, and despite my excitement he is very skeptical because some of the screenshots don't look quite as "pretty" as some of the shoot-em-up games he's looking forward to. He sees Armed Assault as "just another military FPS." I just can't seem to effictively explain to this how much this isn't Counter Strike or Battlefield 2!

Of course the demo will be limited.

This is why it´s a demo.

I guess BIS did a nice job with the OFP demo, it caught me by surprise and I was visiting my local software dealer daily to grab the full game after playing the demo.

If the demo is not enough to demonstrate Arma to your chaps, buy the full version.

I'm seriously hoping that the demo will at least contian enough map coverage to really express a sense of the massive world, as well as some vehicles and at least one or two air units. My reasoning for this is that I'm really counting on the demo to sell the game to a friend of mine who never played Operation: Flashpoint, and despite my excitement he is very skeptical because some of the screenshots don't look quite as "pretty" as some of the shoot-em-up games he's looking forward to. He sees Armed Assault as "just another military FPS." I just can't seem to effictively explain to this how much this isn't Counter Strike or Battlefield 2!

Well you could tell him about the scale of the world where ArmA takes place, and you could tell him about multiplayer modes never seen before in any other game, such as CTI. Also you could tell about the weather effects and realistic daytime etc. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Corrected some words.

Well you could tell him about the scale of the world where ArmA takes place, and you could tell him about multiplayer modes never seen before in any other game, such as CTI. Also you could tell about the weather effects and realistic daytime etc. smile_o.gif

Oh, I do. But to some people these things just mean nothing until they really see it for themselves.

[drunken_rambling] I vote, for the single player like many others, something like the OFP mission. It had good storyline, showed scale by means of travel and 'checking up' on other troops around the map. Now, with ArmA, it can show the huge battles that actually form the war.

For MP, to set the atmosphere of teamwork without 'scripting' or otherwise forcing it (also mentioned by others) I'd suggest a massive coop that covered a good portion of the map. If the AI are really THAT good, showcase them and make it hard for a bunch of Rambo's to beat. Teamwork and creative thinking will be their only recourse. smile_o.gif

[/drunken_rambling]

Well you could tell him about the scale of the world where ArmA takes place, and you could tell him about multiplayer modes never seen before in any other game, such as CTI. Also you could tell about the weather effects and realistic daytime etc.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Corrected some words.

You could show him a CTI game in OFP. If he isnt convinced then, leave him with CS or something.