Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

Air Force (Is there one?)

Maybe I should have just simply stated in my earlier post that any Everon, Maldanien or Nogoven airfoce just dosen't stay to true to the games story line.

Can we consider this thread closed now?

Well, if you want to keep to a story line, it all happened 21+ years ago. The Soviets are gone. The US is probably gone too, I imagine. Given the somewhat recent invasions and the military void left behind (and the airfields), I'd imagine the FIA has become a legitimate military by now, with everything that entails (like proper insignia, not the wartime-necessity green spraypaint, though I'd imagine veteran/elite units might like to keep the stripes as a mark of honor). Economically they don't look to have much, so that's why I suggested some of FMs obsolete thirdhand planes. Being nice islands, they probably get a few tourists, so small airliners make sense. If you want to write in a civil war since 1985 there might be a bomber or two around, nothing more than an old COIN craft like a Beagle or an Invader, but otherwise since any threat would come from outside the archipelago I'd imagine they'd have at least a couple interceptors available. Maybe a couple F-5s on the cheap from the US (man this game needs a Tweety Bird... anyone seen one out there?), but then again maybe just a couple of old MiGs from God knows where... Sahrani maybe? tounge2.gif

What I'm saying is that the story ended in 1985. MilitiaSniper can play whatever OFP he wants; I'm just trying to show how his scenario could be viable. Not that it matters much since if he really wants to he can load up aliens vs. Nazis vs. the JSDF Wanzer Force for the 2nd Battle of Gettysburg anyway... crazy_o.gif

-5hole

Maybe I should have just simply stated in my earlier post that any Everon, Maldanien or Nogoven airfoce just dosen't stay to true to the games story line.

Can we consider this thread closed now?

Well, if you want to keep to a story line, it all happened 21+ years ago.  The Soviets are gone.  The US is probably gone too, I imagine.  Given the somewhat recent invasions and the military void left behind (and the airfields), I'd imagine the FIA has become a legitimate military by now, with everything that entails (like proper insignia, not the wartime-necessity green spraypaint, though I'd imagine veteran/elite units might like to keep the stripes as a mark of honor).  Economically they don't look to have much, so that's why I suggested some of FMs obsolete thirdhand planes.  Being nice islands, they probably get a few tourists, so small airliners make sense.  If you want to write in a civil war since 1985 there might be a bomber or two around, nothing more than an old COIN craft like a Beagle or an Invader, but otherwise since any threat would come from outside the archipelago I'd imagine they'd have at least a couple interceptors available.  Maybe a couple F-5s on the cheap from the US (man this game needs a Tweety Bird... anyone seen one out there?), but then again maybe just a couple of old MiGs from God knows where... Sahrani maybe?  tounge2.gif

What I'm saying is that the story ended in 1985.  MilitiaSniper can play whatever OFP he wants; I'm just trying to show how his scenario could be viable.  Not that it matters much since if he really wants to he can load up aliens vs. Nazis vs. the JSDF Wanzer Force for the 2nd Battle of Gettysburg anyway...  crazy_o.gif

-5hole

God Bless you man!

You hit it on the head!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Guys, calm down both sides.

Militia Sniper's question in this thread is a legitime one

but i seems to has become misunderstood because of

his lots of other threads asking for these and those addons.

I must admit i noticed them too but 'this' topic here seems really make some sense since it could become a serious project for someone in the future (may it be for ofp or even

for ArmA).

I don't see any reason, why there shouldn't be an island affilated air force for the former resistance.

e.g: Mapfact's Nogova or Ironsights Nogova 2004 could be a

base for this idea - islands infrastructure has grown, why shouldn't they get an air force too. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

well thats a true fact, one easy option i am doing is to create a nogovan roundel, which i hope that footmunch can put in his addon pack so any can make any aircraft roundel compatabile be part of that appropiate airforce.

well thats a true fact, one easy option i am doing is to create a nogovan roundel, which i hope that footmunch can put in his addon pack so any can make any aircraft roundel compatabile be part of that appropiate airforce.

Yep, I can include that.

Roundel needs to be an alpha-texture in a 2-by-1 aspect ratio (ie 512 x 256, 256 x 128 etc).

Note that the roundel itself doesn't need to be included in the roundel pack: as long as it's available in a PBO file, it can be used.

For example, if you had a PBO with the name RDK_NAF.pbo, and the roundel paa file in that PBO was called naf_roundel.paa, then the init line looks like:

this setobjecttexture[0, "\RDK_NAF\naf_roundel.paa"]

So Footmunch..!

Does this mean your gonna make a few Nogova, Everon, and Malden Air Force?

Please say, "Yes!" biggrin_o.gif

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

So Footmunch..!

Does this mean your gonna make a few Nogova, Everon, and Malden Air Force?

Please say, "Yes!" biggrin_o.gif

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

He kinda already has... smile_o.gif

-5hole