Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Light Infantry BETA Release

Nogova isnt rich but, the regular infantry will possibly have body armour not sure yet, but defo the sfs will have bodyarmour.

yeah these days older kevlar vests and helmets are pretty cheap. the old american types would be the cheapest option i think.

If you do decide to create Paratroopers, may i suggest you camo their faces? And give 'em a bit more gear to carry on their backs than the average soldier.

What is this myth that elite forces all run around with small shopping mall's on their backs?

If I see one more otherwise serviceable "SF" unit for OFP ruined by the addition of an incongruous unremovable Bergen or Daysack I may just scream.

Soldiers don't wear large backpacks in advances to contact or on patrols, they may wear small (30 Ltr max) patrol packs to carry extra ammunition in but even then it's a bit pointless having purely decorative packs in OFP.

If someone where to be attacked while making a long overland trek with their large pack on their back the standard operating procedure in all western armies (and presumably in most eastern armies too) would be to drop their main pack grab the patrol bag and get out of the killing area.

Back on topic, please don't include backpacks that have no function and can't be dropped.

Make them a hidden selection at least.

And camouflage faces should be available for all units ideally.

If you want to make soldier units that look like Paratroopers then give them lighter gear, maybe get rid of the utility pouches from the back of their load carrying equipment and fit extra ammunition pouches and a bayonet holder to represent that they're geared towards assaulting more than anything else.

Give them para versions of the FAL, and lighter looking helmets, give them different looking trousers or put extra pockets on their shirts/tunics.

But please don't put camo and a backpack on a unit and then say "Ommfffguh they're leet"

I was about to mention the combat trousers. Give the paras just the green combat trouser style with camo shirt etc.

I was about to mention the combat trousers. Give the paras just the green combat trouser style with camo shirt etc.

That would make them seem like poor cousins of the Light Infantry battalions...why would you want to do that?

I meant trousers that looked like they were a lighter fabric or had more pockets or reinforced sections where the harness would be pressing against the body.

Ah i see. So you'd reckon Green combats for the reservists? And something with more pockets/better quality for paras, if they happen?

What's the obsession with the greens?

I don't see much reason for having a differently equipped reserve force, as has been repeated ad infinitum you're talking about a very small army.

Textiles aren't particularly hard to manufacture and presumably the Post Guba/Troska military wouldn't be old enough to have much in the way of hand me downs.

If RoadKill really really wanted to have a bag of ham militia/2nd line reserve force, he could just give them his Nogova pattern DPM with russian helmets, webbing and weapons.

Now excuse me while I go scrub my brain with a wire degeeking brush.

Of how "who" should be? These arent US marines with US army gear. Keep that in mind.

Are you accusing the USMC of something?

Of how "who" should be? These arent US marines with US army gear. Keep that in mind.

Are you accusing the USMC of something?

Some one say USMC

I live and work for the marines

pistols.gif

No kidding.

Some guys want everyone to look like the USMC is what i meant. Im saying not everyone is all bulked up whether its uniforms or gear.

Maybe its my broken canadian english but I dont think i was posting in spanish there.

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I live and work for the marines

Are you the cook?

I was just playing on the fact that you said the Marines were running around with army gear...which would imply something...

You'll get it eventually.

Are you the cook?

Tracked Vehicle Mechanic

Ex. EOD  nener.gif

I still thank that the M-60A1 would be Cool

and the M-59 APC would do for Troop transport

id_m59_full.jpg

and the Waffenträger Wiesel 1 MK/TOW

dont forget the JEEP.

i say retex the standerd jeep, jeep w/ machine gun, and jeep open (dont know where i found it but it's cool), make other Jeeps too. yay.gif

Tracked Vehicle Mechanic

Ex. EOD nener.gif

I still thank that the M-60A1 would be Cool

and the M-59 APC would do for Troop transport

and the Waffenträger Wiesel 1 MK/TOW

dont forget the JEEP.

i say retex the standerd jeep, jeep w/ machine gun, and jeep open (dont know where i found it but it's cool), make other Jeeps too. yay.gif

Tracked AFVs and Tanks....this thread is still about Light Infantry yes?

Why don't you just let Roadkill focus on finishing the current pack.

New Updated Pack will be released soon, just got to get it to the beta testers.

I will post some more screenshots later tonight

Ah, thats good news. I must say for a first project you sure get work done quickly. notworthy.gif

Thats some seriously nice work there. But as Imshi-Yallah was saying, have the option to drop bergens. (similar to the BLB SAS pack) They wouldnt really have bergens that much if they are only operating on Nogova itself, probably a large patrol pack containging 3 days rations, MG ammunition and radio batteries.

Can I suggest a few things:

-Officers are the same in all respects to the soldiers, except a badge of rank on the helmet/sleeves. In most armies they all look alike to avoid snipers from just picking out officers beacuse of their headgear.

-SAS: Radios are a must have. PRR sets at the very least. Same for officers, they would have PRR sets as well.

-Also for the reservists, equip them with the same equipment that the regs carry. Like the British TA. You can't tell the diffrerence if you stood one next ot the other.

-An army like Nogova would have a very active marine wing, as it is an island. Might be an idea to replace paras with marine units, more realistic.

If there's anything else I'll pipe up at some point.

-Also for the reservists, equip them with the same equipment that the regs carry. Like the British TA. You can't tell the diffrerence if you stood one next ot the other.

not quite... the british TA would be much better equiped than the nogovan one - and my idea of a reservist is someone who is drafted in extreme consequences, often using their own weapon from home, in countries as small as nogova.

and even the TA differ in those respects - they're the hand-me-down army - many still using the old A1's, and all using the old 110 rovers, not the nice new wolfs (unless deployed to iraq as i gather)

-An army like Nogova would have a very active marine wing, as it is an island. Might be an idea to replace paras with marine units, more realistic.

I'd say both yes and no on that one, as it depends what role they are given. I'd say Para's that are given an airmobile role, i.e. transported round the islands with helicopters, would be faster and more effective than transporting Marines by sea. Thats if we take in to consideration the distance between the various islands. Maybe both could be made?

not quite... the british TA would be much better equiped than the nogovan one - and my idea of a reservist is someone who is drafted in extreme consequences, often using their own weapon from home, in countries as small as nogova.

and even the TA differ in those respects - they're the hand-me-down army - many still using the old A1's, and all using the old 110 rovers, not the nice new wolfs (unless deployed to iraq as i gather)

not quite mate,most TA units now field the A2s or my unit had anyway. The MOD was kind enough to give us brand new 125l bergens, beats the crappy RLC 'hand bags' we got. biggrin_o.gif

I'd say both yes and no on that one, as it depends what role they are given. I'd say Para's that are given an airmobile role, i.e. transported round the islands with helicopters, would be faster and more effective than transporting Marines by sea. Thats if we take in to consideration the distance between the various islands. Maybe both could be made?

Well roadkill is planning a nogovan coastguard. So i guess that deals with the marine side of things, for now.