Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Netcode

yes indeed that discussion will help...however is an estimate before the release of Arma. Now with the release i was hoping that some players will release real data...or BIS will release real data.

My question is that 32kbs that have been quoted is download or upload speed. Either dsl, 56k or isdn...this is very very important to know...

In any case we need to know an average (cause is mission depended) download and upload speed.

Also, something that it has been mentioned as high ping users cause the whole server players to have high ping. On our dedicated i have 170ms ping and when really busy and my bandwith will not cope i will go up to 700-800ms. The other players never have probs with ping, bandwith or dysync..

We can either carry on discussing this on this thread...or we can carry on at mine...up to placebo...

The uploadspeed is estimated to 32kbps. To get some more definate data, we need someone with ArmA to come in here.

As for the DL bandwidth, we don't know. I would assume that if you are connected to a server with 10 players you get less than one with 64, but this is not proportional. It depends on the number of active units in play as it doesn't impact the bw wether there is an AI or human soldier moving around. It's still the same data, but there is likely to be more talking and maybe voice when there are more human players than less.

All in all I would guess the DL bw would depend on the number of units in the mission and a slightly increase per human player connected.

I´ve checked everything. There even was an initiative with collecting signatures to get DSl, but no luck so far.

Wow, I was collecting signatures for DSL too, it took them three years to enable DSL at my suburbian apartment. Altough wireless was available all that time, it was too expensive for home use.

After 2 years, I found the installations manager for the local telecoms company and bribed him.

Has anyone got more accurate data on the average and max download and upload bandwith necessary from client point of view?

Also, can one moderator move this thread to the multiplayer forum please?