Sign in to follow this  
Deusrexmachina

How d'you play OpF?

Hello. Just wondering, apart from the options available, are there other ways you deal with OpF?

I've recently disabled TRACERS, while the crosshair has been off after my first year of gameplay (VETERAN mode, with practically everything disabled except for the third person's view and super AI.)! After around a coupla years I've then put this on the monitor

howiplaydetail1zh0.jpg

howiplaydetailek0.jpg , and it sure is difficult -if not impossible like in real life- to count al the shots especially in intense firefights, but it does add another level of difficulty! Hearing the "dead man's click" while trying to pump lead in the enemy's body is pretty terrible, especially when he has a perfect aim at you...

And you all?

P.S.: in ARMA, isn't it possible to have the choice to either disable this visual aid or not?

I use full vet mode, no 3rd or crossair. No super AI though, they're too super, with surround sound. Usually with ECP.

Almost the same here: Vet mode with no crosshairs + super AI, kept the 3rd person view for the sake of finding "screen shootability" though .. can´t get rid of that preference.

Your using a fresnel lens Deusrexmachina? Like my eyes too much than wanting to bother them with that stuff biggrin_o.gif

Almost the same here: Vet mode with no crosshairs + super AI, kept the 3rd person view for the sake of finding "screen shootability" though .. can´t get rid of that preference.

Your using a fresnel lens Deusrexmachina? Like my eyes too much than wanting to bother them with that stuff biggrin_o.gif

I wish! Not at the moment, hopefully around December I'll order one from China (just for the shipping it cost just as the lens itself!!! O_O I might get two or three of 'em; spend more now rather than later.); I've read marvels about it, so sure am looking forward to have one.

Why, d'you use it?

Say... can't someone make a short film with the lens on, just to see the effect since pictures don't give the right impressions?

Why, d'you use it?

Say... can't someone make a short film with the lens on, just to see the effect since pictures don't give the right impressions?

#1 Nope, as said i wouldn´t do this to my eyes.

#2 Watch following thread, there was a huge discussion about it on these forums: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....fresnel

Why, d'you use it?

#1 Nope, as said i wouldn´t do this to my eyes.

#2 Watch following thread, there was a huge discussion about it on these forums: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....fresnel

Whoops, sorry, misunderstood. tounge2.gif

Thanks for the link! But I didn't see any vids regarding OpF though...

I removed the UI (exect for the action menu) completely some time ago by changing the unitInfoType of the man class to unitInfoType=unitinfocar; biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Veteran mode with everything turned off. Oh, and I always use FFUR 2006 and its weapons as a 'core'.

I play almost exclusivly with my unit so that'll be no crosshair, no 3rd person and WGL no right click zoom. I actually liked the zoom option, was nicer to play with, but I prefer not to use crosshair or 3rd person online.

I removed the UI (exect for the action menu) completely some time ago by changing the unitInfoType of the man class to unitInfoType=unitinfocar; biggrin_o.gif

I'll try that one out... That'll be a kicker (not in the nuts I hope.)!

I play with no crosshairs, WGL5.1 (No zoom, less visible tracers)

But i barley touch my vet settings. Ill have al il look at what I can disable later biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I seeee you. Reflection off screen :P

This is interesting, so bump. lol

I sometimes play with crosshairs turned off, although I think it wont earn you more realism or such (you would know the general area you're aiming your gun at in reallife - at least more than you would in ofp)

It would be nice to have a crosshair that has no real center, just 4 bars indicating the general area you are aiming at (like the one in the ofp demo without the dot in the middle).

I can aim without the corsshair or optics now.

I can judge where I'm aiming. I've killed many a AI and human player just firing off a few rounds into where i hope im aiming.

I sometimes play with crosshairs turned off, although I think it wont earn you more realism or such (you would know the general area you're aiming your gun at in reallife - at least more than you would in ofp)

It would be nice to have a crosshair that has no real center, just 4 bars indicating the general area you are aiming at (like the one in the ofp demo without the dot in the middle).

That's an interesting observation! biggrin_o.gif