Sign in to follow this  
j w

Richard Hammond, co-leader of Top Gear, in crash

Jeremy Clarkson wants to fight for the show because he doesn't want it to become "just one of those carshows", he wants it to be Top Gear, the ultimate carshow...so it's not about making the accident about him, it's about saving one of the best carshows out there. And the fact that he drove all the way to Leeds just to see how Hammond was kind of shows that he cares about him.

It seems like hes trying to make the accident about him when really his priortiy should be making sure hammond is ok.

ever considered that Hammond is of the same opinion, that he doesnt want the show to be cut because of his accident?

but of course, you're right - I mean, damn that Clarkson driving all the way to Leeds to see his co presenter in hospital. How selfish can you get! Obviously the man wants Hammond dead.

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. im just voicing my opinion and your comment was a little childish.  Sure hammond dosnt want the show axed, who does, but what should be Clarksons priority? saving the show or making sure Hammond is going to be ok? I love top gear, and i love there exciting and thrilling conceptions. if every car show was like fith gear, i wouldnt watch them, but a mans life is always more important than a tv show.

... and ignorance is the lowest form of stupidity.

my comments are no more or less childish than you incredible definace against looking at the facts in hand. You say that Clarkson cares more for the show than Hammond, yet disregard his drive up the whole country to see Hammon in Leeds.

You have every right to your opinion. I appologise if you think I'm trying to remove that right, its never something I intend to acheive. But if you insist on making snap judgements about a man i'd say you cleary dont know the inner physque of, then bring something other than opinions to the table.

Sarcasm is an educated insult.

... and ignorance is the lowest form of stupidity.

my comments are no more or less childish than you incredible definace against looking at the facts in hand. You say that Clarkson cares more for the show than Hammond, yet disregard his drive up the whole country to see Hammon in Leeds.

Sarcasm is an educated insult.

well i will no longer post in this thread then. I didnt want to turn this into a flame war but you seem to be trying to drag me into one. i was just sharing my opinion, and not one of my posts in this thread are childish. i will leave it there.

Sure hammond dosnt want the show axed, who does, but what should be Clarksons priority? saving the show or making sure Hammond is going to be ok?

Come on...what did he do first? State that he feared the program would be changed by BBC and that he didn't like it, or drive to Leeds to check if Hammond was going to be ok? And when he had gotten to Leeds, what do you figure he could do more than drop in and see how his situation was? Sit there and hold his hand until he got out of bed? Perform a miracle operation that the educated doctors couldn't do? It doesn't need much thinking to figure out that the best thing he probably could do was check that Hammond was going to be ok, and then let the guy rest, and then drop in every now and then, which I'm sure he did...you apparently feel Clarkson should have forgotten about everything else than Hammond confused_o.gif

I really hope Hammond is going to get better. Top Gear is by far my favourite show on TV, and if we're going to have to put up with Fifth Gear only from now on, especially in it's new psuedo-Top Gear setting, with it's "let's crush a car for no reason on the first show (other than it's the kind of misreading of Top Gear's stunts that would lead to someone thinking crushing a Mk2 Golf, a classic car in the right condition I've been told, with a medium sized excavator is in some way ammusing and on the same level)" thinking, then my TV is going to be used a lot less.

On the subject of Jeremy Clarkson's reaction, he is trying to make sure the crash doesn't put an end to the show, as he said, making sure he has a show to come back to.

assuming hammond makes a full recovery, would you suspect that the video of the crash will be shown on Top Gear?

I mean, damn that Clarkson driving all the way to Leeds to see his co presenter in hospital. How selfish can you get! Obviously the man wants Hammond dead.

Ha ha!

Of course! Who can forget when Hamster was in the bull run, and they ran a video showing a guy who pulled him into the path of a bulls horn..... Clarkson's response?

A very cold: 'If you're that man, call up...... Because I want to give you some money.'

Classic! tounge2.gif

Hammond was moved from the hospital in Leeds and to somewhere else (didn't read where whistle.gif ), and he was in a good mood, laughing and such. The doc said he would make a fully recovery over 6 months...

so Leeds don't only have the greatest football team in the world...they also got the best hospital whistle.gifyay.gif

Just hope Hammond decides to become a Leeds United supporter and give away some money to the team so they'll get their economy back on track icon_rolleyes.gif

hehe... what would you expect... i think hammonds reply was:

'Was i driving like a tw*t?'

he's been moved to bristol now, BBC has a video of him being transfered by the same air ambulance that took him to hospital... seems to be his normal self, and was able to walk from the air ambulance to a land ambulance once he arrived.

Apparently Hammond has also told BBC he wants the crash to be shown in Top Gear...can't wait to hear the others comments when they show it icon_rolleyes.gif

lol... it doesnt suprise me that he wants it shown... bet clarkson and may are cooking up so one liners as we speak

I found it quite amusing that so many "journalists" are so critical of top gear and its "ladish" attitude, and inturn put pressure to have the show stopped.

Yet so many people, "stars" and the general public think its great.

My money is they are simply jealous that Top Gear is genuinely funny and has the balls to call things crap if they are.

lol... it doesnt suprise me that he wants it shown... bet clarkson and may are cooking up so one liners as we speak

yes, you can just see it, when they have one of there famous races, "dont crash it hammond", etc.. biggrin_o.gif